Sarinilli as the Goddess Hylia
|Artist Name||Sarinilli Morian|
|/ˌsɑ rɪˈnɪ lli ˈmoʊr iən/|
|Birthday||June 13 1982|
|First Game||A Link to the Past|
|Favorite Games||Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask|
|Websites||External & Personal Links|
Sarinilli is a Zelda fan and an artist. A dreamer with her head in the clouds and her feet on the ground. Someone who never gives up what she loves- and thus has been a dedicated Legend of Zelda fan for most of her life.
- Has been a Zelda fan for over 20 years.
- Has wanted to make the items and tools from the games "real" since she was a little girl.
- Cosplays Goddess Hylia and Skyward Sword Zelda.
- Makes hand made zelda inspired props, jewelry and accessories.
- Is the mind behind The Hylian Language Project. Really loves languages.
- Used to run a site called Hyrule Realm before it sadly had to be taken offline due to personal reasons.
- Has the Goddess Crest on the hood of her Smart Car.
- Finally got a tattoo of the Goddess Crest on her back on Feb. 20th 2013 after years of wanting a Zelda tattoo.
- Is the creator of the only fan alphabets for Sheikah, Goron, Zora, Deku and Subrosian. These are also the only alphabets for these races.
The Legend of Zelda has been a big part of my life ever since I was a little girl. I've spent a more time thinking about the "world aspect" than anything else. It's safe to say I've got quite an imagination, and have developed my own views on things such as timeline theories and how subtle easter egg information plays into what. My fandom is something I feel and show off on a daily basis, and is something I'm very passionate about. Aside from Zelda though, I like other video games, crafts and making things in general, cosplay, and asian ball jointed dolls. I consider myself a professional artist of various media.
|Art/Craft/Building|| Sewing (machine, hand), Costuming, Painting (detailing, landscapes), Jewelry making/design, Crochet, Basic Leatherworking, Basic Metalworking, Carpentry (shelving & small scale construction),|
prop level woodworking (carving & wood burning), paper crafts (paper mache & origami), drawing (anime/manga style), small scale sculpting (paperclay & polymer)
|Game Consoles||NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii*, WiiU, Gameboy (color)*, Gameboy Advance, GBA:SP*, DS*, 3DS*, Playstation, PS2, Xbox, Steam/Computer Games with standard keyboard* (*: Currently owned)|
|Computer/Tech||HTML/XHTML, CSS, PHP Basics, Gnu/Linux (Debian,Ubuntu) Installation & basic maintenance, Libre office (Writer, Calc), Photoshop CS3, Gimp, Wacom Tablet Drawing, Graphic Art (Pixel & Vector)|
|Languages||English, German, a bit of Japanese, and understands a bit of Spanish - also Hylian ^~|
|Instruments||Ocarina, modified Japanese "kokin" bamboo flute, violin, keyboard/piano|
|Sports/Health/Fitness||Walking, Bicycling, Tae kwon do, Swimming (freestyle), Rollerblading/Rollerskating, Ice Skating|
Contributions to the Zelda Community
- January 2012 - The most recognized contribution to the community was my incessant help to finish decoding the Ancient Hylian alphabet from Skyward Sword and completing the font. After which the news was featured on many big gaming sites across the net.
- 1999-2013(ongoing) - The Hylian Language Project and adaptions/expansions of two alphabets for use with the language work.
Wiki Contribution Policy
I'll do my best to help the Wiki with fact based information and edits where I see the need and can help.
If I feel the need to add theory, I'll make sure that it's non biased, would seem obvious enough to include and holds some sort of ground within the games.
- I own every single game in some form or another. Some in multiple forms due to physical copies and wii/ds/3DS digital copies. Yes, I've actually paid for the some of the games more than once just for the sake of convenience.
- I do not own, nor have I played any of the spinnoff games, Tingle games, or dare I say it- the CDI games (which don't really exist in my humble opinion).
External & Personal Links
- The Hylian Language Project on DeviantArt
- Ancient Hylian Alphabet font - language adapted version
- Modern Hylian Alphabet font - language adapted version
- Zelda Crafts on YumeStyle - my commissions & crafts shop
- Zelda Shirts on Redbubble
- "This alphabet was created based on the "signature" on the Prescription Biggoron gives Link in the Ocarina of Time trade quest." — Ocarina of Time Official Nintendo Players Guide from Nintendo Power (Page 115)
- "The Subrosian alphabet was inspired by lettering in the official artwork of Subrosia." — Oracle of Seasons game manual (Page 13)
- "These works can currently be found on Deviantart." — Sheikah Alphabet, Zoran Font, Goron Font, Deku Alphabet, Subrosian Alphabet
- "Links to the featured articles:" — Kotaku, Cracked, Screwattack, IGN, Gameinformer, Joystiq, Destructoid