Shrine of Trials
This article or section contains information about an unreleased video game.
- Shrine redirects here. For other uses, see Shrine (Disambiguation)
The Oman Au Shrine, one of many Shrines of Trials
There are over 100 Shrines scattered throughout Hyrule. The Shrines of Trials appear after the activation of the Sheikah Towers. Link enters the Shrines of Trials by unlocking them via his Sheikah Slate. Shrines that have not yet been unlocked glow an orange light, but glow blue once their entrance has been opened.
The Shrines each contain a series of traps and obstacles to be overcome as part of a trial. At the end of every Shrine is a Monk, who are the creators of the trials inside. The Monks will present Link a Spirit Orb for successfully reaching them. Some Shrines of Trials also contain Runes which add functionalities to the Sheikah Slate, bestowing Link with new abilities. Each Shrine contains an incidental treasure alongside the Spirit Orbs bestowed by the Monks.
List of Shrines
|Names in Other Regions|
|EnglishUK||Shrine of Trials|
|Japanese||試練の祠 (Shiren no Hokora)|
|SpanishLA||Santuario de la voluntad|
- "#Zelda Breath of the Wild features 100+ Shrines of Trials! Finding the path to get to them involve puzzles." — Nintendo of America, Nintendo of America on Twitter, Twitter, published June 14, 2016, retrieved June 16, 2016.
- "More than 100 Shrines of Trials to discover and explore - Shrines dot the landscape, waiting to be discovered in any order you want. Search for them in various ways, and solve a variety of puzzles inside. Work your way through the traps and devices inside to earn special items and other rewards that will help you on your adventure." — Nintendo at E3, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at E3, E3 2016, retrieved June 15, 2016.
- "See that glowing structure there? That light appeared at the exact moment those towers rose from the ground." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "I am Keh Namut, the creator of this trial." — Keh Namut (Breath of the Wild)