Shooting Gallery artwork from A Link to the Past
|Location(s)||Village of Outcasts (ALttP)|
Castle Town (OoT)
Kakariko Village (OoT)
Clock Town (MM)
Southern Swamp (MM)
Rolling Ridge (OoA)
Village of the Blue Maiden (FSA)
Molida Island (PH)
|Game(s)||A Link to the Past|
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Ages
The Wind Waker
Four Swords Adventures
|Main Prize||Larger Deku Seed bag (OoT)|
Larger Quiver (OoT, MM, PH, ST)
Piece of Heart (MM)
Magic Ring (OoA)
Gasha Seed (OoA)
Heart Container (PH, ST)
20 Rupees (ALttP, OoT, OoA, PH)
The Shooting Gallery is a recurring minigame in The Legend of Zelda series.
A Link to the Past
While at the same time, targets shaped like hands move in the opposite direction in an attempt to stop the Arrows hitting the main target. Link has 5 Arrows to shoot. The more targets he can hit in a row, the more Rupees he wins.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Shooting Gallery is situated in the Market, but moves to Kakariko Village after Ganon's takeover. To win, Link must successfully shoot all ten Rupee-shaped targets in succession, some of which move, using fifteen shots. If Link hits at least eight targets, he will be given a free retry.
As an adult, by using the Bow, the prize is a larger Quiver, but the targets appear in a random order. Adult Link can play even before he gets the Fairy Bow from the Forest Temple, although he will only win 50 Rupees for completing it.
In Majora's Mask, there are three archery games. One is found in East Clock Town under the title of Clock Town Shooting Gallery. In this game, red and blue Octoroks jump out of the water. The red ones must be shot for one point each; the blue ones, however, will cause the remaining amount of time to lower. By beating the high score of 39, Link will receive a larger Quiver. The true goal of the game is to attain a perfect score of 50 red Octoroks, which will be rewarded by a Piece of Heart.
The second game is found in the path to the Southern Swamp, called the Swamp Shooting Gallery. Slightly more difficult than the Clock Town Shooting Gallery, the Swamp Shooting Gallery involves shooting Deku Scrubs, Guays, and Wolfos, all of which are constantly moving in various formations. When a perfect score is achieved, a larger Quiver is earned. Achieving this once more results in a Piece of Heart, though Link must actually attain over 2200 points for the Piece of Heart, otherwise only a Red Rupee is earned.
The third Shooting Gallery is sponsored by Koume from the Swamp Tourist Center, after Link clears the Woodfall Temple. He must shoot Koume's hanging target at least 20 times to win a Piece of Heart (an Empty Bottle in Majora's Mask 3D), while avoiding shooting Koume herself. The mini-game is set during the boat ride across the Southern Swamp.
As part of their daily attractions, Honey and Darling's Shop includes a target-shooting game on the Final Day in East Clock Town. It can be played as Link or Deku Link using either the Bow or Magic Bubbles, respectively. This Shooting Gallery is slightly different in that it is one part of a three-part game.
Oracle of Ages
In Oracle of Ages, the Shooting Gallery appears in Lynna Village in the past. The game consists of hitting a ball with Link's Sword so it hits certain blocks which give points. The Fairy Blocks are worth 100 points, Blue Blocks are worth 30 points, Red Blocks are worth -10 points, or if Link misses or hits an Imp Block, it is -50 points. It is also the easiest and fastest way to earn Gasha Seeds or Magic Rings.
The Goron Shooting Gallery is located in the Rolling Ridge in the past. The game and rules are the same as in Lynna Village. If Link can manage to get 100 points after 10 rounds, he will will receive the Lava Juice. The Boomerang can also be obtained afterwards.
Lynna Village Shooting Gallery
- 0–49 points = Nothing
- 50–149 points = Heart
- 150–249 points = 30 Rupees
- 250–349 points = Gasha Seed
- 350+ points = Magic Ring
- 0–99 points = Nothing
- 100–199 points = 30 Rupees
- 200–299 points = 20 Bombs
- 300+ points = Gasha Seed
- 100+ points = Lava Juice (once only)
- 400+ points = Boomerang (once only)
The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, after obtaining the Hero's Bow, Link can throw All-Purpose Bait to a Fishman to persuade him to participate in a shooting game, where he claims he could use some acupuncture. Link will be given 10 Arrows and must shoot the Fishman as he jumps in and out of the sea. For each hit he lands, he will earn 10 Rupees, receiving 200 Rupees as a reward if he does not miss any hit.
Four Swords Adventures
In Four Swords Adventures, the Shooting Gallery game is run by a Mage in the Village of the Blue Maiden. The Links have 10 Arrows to shoot Force Gems in order to gain them while at the same time targets shaped like Octoroks move from right to left in an attempt to stop the Arrows.
In Phantom Hourglass, after obtaining the Bow, Molida Island will house a Shooting Gallery run by Romanos. This version of the Shooting Gallery slightly varies from its previous counterparts in that the score for successfully shooting a target is not fixed; rather, upon shooting the first target, one gains 10 points. The second successive target shot will get 20 points, and so on until the maximum of 50 points is achieved. Missing a target, or shooting the little girl target, will reset the scoring back to 10 points. The rewards for achieving a high score include a larger Quiver and a Heart Container after obtaining 2000 points. Afterward, Ship Parts will be awarded for high scores.
Spirit Tracks features two shooting mini-games run by Gorons called the Goron Target Range and the Pirate Hideout. The former is situated near the Goron Village and the Pirate Hideout is found in the Ocean Realm. The Pirate Hideout is an archery mini-game in which Link rescues a Goron child captured by the pirate Miniblins in order to earn Treasures as well as a bigger Quiver and a Heart Container.
- Main article: Pumpkin Pull
- When Link shoots a target in Ocarina of Time, an equivalent Rupee marker appears on the floor. However, while the green and blue targets cause identically-colored Rupees to appear, shooting a red target will generate a purple Rupee.
- In Ocarina of Time, the wanted posters on the wall bears resemblance to Vaati's Wrath and Nightmare's final form.
- The owner of the Lynna Village Shooting Gallery bears a resemblance to Luigi from the Super Mario series.
- "All right, sonny! The rules are simple... Hit as many red ones as you can within the time limit. If you hit a blue one, you lose time, so watch out!" — Clock Town Shooting Gallery Owner (Majora's Mask)
- "Well look at that! You hit [X]! That's a new record! Well, here ya go!" — Clock Town Shooting Gallery Owner (Majora's Mask)
- "Huh? No way! That was perfect! Well, here ya go!" — Clock Town Shooting Gallery Owner (Majora's Mask)
- "Th' rules ta me game are a piece o' cake! Shoot fer th' tahgets from atop th' platform! Y'gotta hit 'em awl! That's awl there is to it!" — Swamp Shooting Gallery Owner (Majora's Mask)
- "Well, tha's purdy durn good, mate! Perfect! Here y'go! Take this, mate!" — Swamp Shooting Gallery Owner (Majora's Mask)
- "[X] hits. Say...you're pretty good. Well, as I promised... Here! take this." — Koume (Majora's Mask)
- "It seems the poison swamp has been cleared up, so why not try something that's more interesting? How about a little game? I'll fly around on my broom while you try to hit the target below me! Doesn't it sound fun? Well, wanna try?" — Koume (Majora's Mask)
- "But let me explain! You're not aiming for me with that bow. You're aiming for the target! If you hit me, I'll never forgive you." — Koume (Majora's Mask)
- "But it looks like he can shoot bubbles, so let's let him play, Darling." — Honey (Majora's Mask)
- "That's a fine-looking bow you got there! Where'd you get that? If you're not in any kind of hurry, why don't you stop and play with me a bit?" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "See, I've been having some ferocious body aches that only acupuncture can cure!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "I'll give you 10 arrows for that bow of yours, and I want you to aim those suckers at me when I leap out of the sea! Yeah! See if you can't peg me with 'em!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "For each arrow you nail me with, I'll give you 10 Rupees...and if you hit me all 10 times, I'll give you 200 Rupees!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)