Sheikah Stone from Skyward Sword
|Comparable Object(s)||Gossip Stone|
Sheikah Stones are recurring objects in The Legend of Zelda series. They give Link Visions and hints on how to solve puzzles, find secrets, and defeat Bosses on his adventure, provided he has reached a point in his quest close to accessing the subject.
Ocarina of Time 3D
In Ocarina of Time 3D, Sheikah Stones have a passage at the bottom for entry. One Sheikah Stone can be found outside Link's House, and other one in the Temple of Time, as these are the two starting points upon resuming a saved game. If Link talks to one, he will have the option to crawl inside it to bring up the visions screen.
They are absent in the Master Quest version of the game.
In Skyward Sword, after Link obtains the Practice Sword, a Sheikah Stone will appear and talk to him outside the Sparring Hall. From then on, the young hero can summon a Gossip Stone by playing the "Ballad of the Goddess" wherever a group of Blessed Butterflies appear.
Just like the Gossip Stones, Sheikah Stones react to different items.
|Bomb||Fly into the sky and explode|
|Whip||Latch on and spin|
|Bow||Release a Green Rupee for every Arrow shot|
|Glittering Spores||Shrink until it disappears|
Majora's Mask 3D
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Scattered throughout the environment are Sheikah Stones--a larger and more animated variant of the Gossip Stones of the original. This particular model can be crawled inside in order to receive “visions” of the future." — The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Hands-On (Boss Rush, Water Temple Super-Guide), GameXplain.
- "- Sheikah Stones can be found throughout the world
- The stones are like the Gossip Stones from the original game" — The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D details – Sheikah Stones and more; retrieved May 12, 2011, Nintendo Everything.
- "- Crawl inside the Sheikah Stones to receive “visions” of the future - Visions are pre-recorded snippets of footage - 3-5 short clips that show what to do next" — The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D details – Sheikah Stones and more, Nintendo Everything.
- "I'm a stone of few words so I'll get right to it. I can see you're playing in Hero Mode, so clearly you've mastered all the puzzles out there before. I think that's pretty impressive! Tell you what, I'm going to go ahead and give you access to all the hints right from the start." — Sheikah Stone (Skyward Sword)