Magic Jar from Ocarina of Time
|Game(s)||The Adventure of Link|
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
The Wind Waker
|Other media||Hyrule Warriors|
|Use(s)||Refill the Magic Meter|
Magic Jars are a reccurring items in the Zelda series first appearing in The Adventure of Link. They are used to replenish the Magic Meter, which is consumed while using certain magic items, attacks, and abilities. Magic Jars have a similar effect as Green Potions, but generally do not replenish as much Magic, are not sold in Shops, and are consumed on the spot instead of stored in Bottles. They are most commonly found by breaking Pots, cutting grass, or killing enemies.
Magic Jars in The Adventure of Link appear in two colors. Blue Magic Jars which are often dropped by defeated enemies and recover a small portion of Magic Power, and Red Magic Jars which are usually hidden in certain areas of the overworld, or dropped from Dungeon statues when hit with the Sword. They recover all the Magic Power.
Green Magic Jars appear in A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and The Wind Waker, appearing in two sizes. Small Jars refill a small portion of the Magic Meter, while big Jars refill the entire Magic Meter. They are known as Magical Decanters in A Link to the Past.
In The Wind Waker, big Magic Jars only refill a portion of the Magic Bar.
The Magic Container, called a Magic Bowl in the The Official Nintendo Player's Guide entry for The Adventure of Link, is a type of Magic Jar that appears only in The Adventure of Link. It increases the maximum Magic Power Link can have, as they add another square to Link's overall Magic Meter. Magic Containers will disappear from their location once obtained.
|Location||Method of Obtainment|
|In a cave southeast of North Castle||No items required, though the Candle is recommended|
|Spectacle Rock||Right after collecting the Hammer in the eastern cavern, inside a grotto covered by a rock|
|Maze Island||In the middle of a corridor southwest of the island inside a grotto|
|Hidden Town of Kasuto||Inside the house of an Old Woman|
|Names in Other Regions|
|SpanishLA|| Jarrón mágico (TAoL)|
Hechizo mágico (OoT3D)
|FrenchEU||Fiole de Magie|
- "To refill your Magic Meter, find Magic Jars by defeating enemies, or looking under pots and bushes. [...] There are two type of Magic Jars: large and small. Large jars refill your Magic Meter completely." (Ocarina of Time manual, pg. 25)
- "Recovers Link's magic points. There are two, a red one and a blue one. The recovery power varies." (Adventure of Link manual, pg. 45)
- "You can restore Magic Power, which is used to power different magic items, by finding Magical Decanters. These Magical Decanters come in two sizes, big and small. A big Decanter completely refills your magic meter, and a small one restores one eighth of your magic meter." (ALttTP manual, pg. 27)
- "This Magic Bowl increases Link's Magic Points." (The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America), pg. 44)
- "The containers for MAGIC points increase by one and are restored. Points increase by a maximum of 16." (Adventure of Link manual, pg. 45)