The Bunny Hood from Majora's Mask 3D
|Other media||Ocarina of Time manga|
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U
|Use(s)||Preventing Stalchildren from appearing in Hyrule Field at night (OoT)|
Granting Link more dexterity (MM)
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Bunny Hood is borrowed from the Happy Mask Shop as part of the Mask Trading Sequence. It can be sold to the Running Man that jogs in a set route around Lon Lon Ranch. The Running Man notices Link wearing the Bunny Hood and becomes interested in it. Link can then sell him the mask for an amount of Rupees that will fill up his wallet.
In Majora's Mask, the mask increases Link's running speed and allows him to jump farther when worn. A second, minor function of the mask is to let an on-screen timer be displayed during the Postman's "count to 10 seconds" minigame to aid Link in stopping right at 10 seconds. It is given to Link by Grog in the Cucco Shack in Romani Ranch. Grog laments how he wishes he could see the Cucco chicks he watches over grow into adults, but since the Moon will be falling in three days, he no longer has the time. If Link equips the Bremen Mask and begins marching around the Shack, the chicks will follow him as he walks in their proximity. If Link stops his march, all of the chicks will disband. Once Link has all 10 chicks following him, they will all turn into adult Cuccos. Grog is amazed and thanks Link by giving him the Bunny Hood.
- The Bunny Hood bears a slight resemblance to the Pols Voice enemy. When Link sells the mask to the Running Man, he even references the enemy.
- In The Wind Waker, the Bunny Hood appears alongside the Goron Mask, Keaton Mask, and All-Night Mask behind the counter of the Nintendo Gallery. It can be seen hanging on the wall next to Carlov.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ウサギずきん (Usagi Zukin)||Rabbit Hood|
|Spanish||Capucha de Conejo||Bunny Hood|
|SpanishLA||Capucha de conejo (MM3D)||Bunny hood|
|FrenchEU||Masque du Lapin||Rabbit Mask|
|FrenchCA|| Oreilles de Lapin
Capuchon de lapin (MM3D)
| Rabbit Ears|
|Italian||Orecchie da coniglio (MM3D)||Bunny ears|
|ChineseSI||兔子头箍 (Tùzi Tóugū)||Bunny Hood|
- "I bet with those long ears you can hear the voices... Oh, these are genuine rabbit ears from the animal of legend! I don't care how expensive it is! Please sell it to me!" — Running Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "It's a 50-Rupee mask, but he paid you a crazy amount of money for it--more money than you can count!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "I don't really get it, but just seein' these guys with a crest and all... I don't have regrets about anythin' anymore. I'm perfectly satisfied. Here...You can have this from me..." — Grog (Majora's Mask)
- "I heard it from my gramps. Says the moon's gonna fall... With somethin' that big, it's sure to take this ranch down with it... Hahhh...Oh, well. My only regret is that I won't get to see these guys in their prime as roosters." — Grog (Majora's Mask)
- "I bet with those long ears you can hear the voices..." — Running Man (Ocarina of Time)
|Ocarina of Time Mask Trading Sequence|
| Keaton Mask > Skull Mask > Spooky Mask > Bunny Hood|
Gerudo Mask - Goron Mask - Zora Mask - Mask of Truth
|Masks in Majora's Mask|