|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
|Use(s)||Storing Slingshot Pellets|
The Seed Satchel (also known as the Bullet Bag) is a bag that holds Slingshot Pellets. It is a recurring item that appears in Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages and Skyward Sword. In Ocarina of Time, this type of item is called the Bullet Bag.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the receptacle for Deku Seeds is called the Bullet Bag. Together with Fairy Slingshot, it is the dungeon item of Inside the Great Deku Tree. It starts out holding 30 Deku Seeds, and its capacity can be upgraded twice, to 40 and 50 Deku Seeds. The upgrades can be done in either order.
- Link can win one from the Castle Town Shooting Gallery as Young Link. To do this, he must hit the ten target Rupees in fifteen shots or less.
- Another bag can be won by beating the Deku Scrub Slingshot Game in the Lost Woods. After Link discovers the hanging target to the right of the entrance, he must use the Slingshot to hit the bullseye (100 points) three times. Following this, a Deku Scrub will appear and give Link the upgrade.
Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages
In the Oracle series, it carries the Mystical Seeds found throughout Holodrum and Labrynna. In Oracle of Seasons, it is the dungeon item of Gnarled Root Dungeon. In Oracle of Ages, the Maku Tree gives it to Link in the present after he rescues her in the past. In both cases, the bag is filled with Ember Seeds upon obtaining it. The four other kinds of seeds (Mystery, Scent, Pegasus, and Gale) can be found later in both games.
The Seed Satchel starts out able to hold 20 seeds of each type. In both games it can be upgraded twice, once by doing something within the game itself and once via a Secret. The two upgrades can be performed in either order; upgrading the Satchel once allows it to hold 50 seeds of each type, and upgrading it a second time allows it to hold 99 of each. In Oracle of Seasons, the Satchel can be upgraded by purchasing an upgrade in the Horon Village Shop's basement (a Member's Card is needed to enter). In Oracle of Ages, the Satchel can be upgraded by talking to Tingle again some time after he gives Link the Island Chart. If Link has not chosen Ricky as his animal companion, he will need the Seed Shooter to access Tingle a second time.
The two secrets that upgrade the Seed Satchel are the Tingle Secret in a linked Oracle of Seasons and the Deku Secret in a linked Oracle of Ages. In either case, once the password has been used in the non-linked game a return password can be used in the linked game, thus upgrading the Seed Satchel in both games.
In Skyward Sword, the Small Seed Satchel is obtained from Bucha along with the Slingshot, and can hold 10 Deku Seeds. Two additional Small Seed Satchels can be bought, but they take up slots in the inventory. The second can be bought from Rupin at the Skyloft Bazaar for 100 Rupees while the third can be obtained from activating a Goddess Cube on Eldin Volcano and the chest can be found west of Fun Fun Island.
|Name||Image||Uses||Upgrade Cost||Upgraded By|
|Medium Seed Satchel||Holds 20 Deku Seeds|| 5 Amber Relics
3 Monster Claws
3 Ornamental Skulls
|Large Seed Satchel||Holds 30 Deku Seeds|| 5 Amber Relics
3 Monster Claws
1 Blue Bird Feather
1 Golden Skull
- During the cutscene where Link obtains the bag from Lost Woods in Ocarina of Time, the final seed shot will be still on the target, appearing as a small, rotating 4 pointed star.
- Utilizing the Crooked Cartridge Glitch, four Bullet Bags can be obtained, but the maximum is still only 50 seeds.
- Despite the Slingshot being in Twilight Princess, neither a Bullet Bag nor a Seed Satchel is present, and therefore the bullet capacity (50) cannot be upgraded.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese|| デクのタネブクロ (Deku no Tane Bukuro) (OoT)
木の実ぶくろ (Kinomi Bukuro) (OoX)
| Deku Seed Bag|
|SpanishEU||Saco de Semillas||Bag of Seeds|
|SpanishLA|| Bolsa de semillas deku (OoT3D)
Sac de semillas (OoX)
Bolsa de semillas (SS)
|FrenchEU||Poche à Graines||Seeds Pocket|
|FrenchCA|| Sac de graines Mojo (OoT3D)
Sac de graines (SS)
|Italian|| Sacchetto dei Semi
Portasemi deku (OoT3D)
|Bag of Seeds|