Biggoron's Sword from Ocarina of Time
|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
|Other media||Soulcalibur II|
|Comparable Item(s)||Giant's Knife|
Broken Giant's Knife
Broken Goron's Sword
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Biggoron's Sword is a much more sturdy version of the Giant's Knife, which Biggoron crafted for Mutoh. It can be obtained completing the adult Link Trading Sequence. The blade is much longer than the Master Sword and deals twice as much damage. However, it must be wielded with two hands, meaning that Link cannot defend with a Shield while equipped. If the Shield button is pressed, he attempts to protect himself with the blade.
The Biggoron's Sword is incapable of defeating Ganon as only the Master Sword can deliver the final blow. However, it can be useful during the battle, as Ganon knocks the Master Sword out of reach.
In Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, the Biggoron's Sword can only be acquired in a Linked Game by using passwords. In Oracle of Ages, the Sword is obtained from the Goron Elder who resides at the Goron Shooting Gallery. In Oracle of Seasons, it is obtained from Biggoron himself. While every other item in these games is assigned to one hand and can be used in conjunction with another, the Biggoron's Sword takes up both slots as it is held with both hands. Link swings it in a whole 180-degree arc, as opposed to the other Swords' 90-degree slash.
- In the original versions of Ocarina of Time and Master Quest, the Biggoron's Sword is sheathed in the same Scabbard as the Master Sword. However, in Ocarina of Time 3D, the blade receives its own scabbard.
- Although in Ocarina of Time the Biggoron's Sword is twice as powerful as the Master Sword, in the Oracle Series, it and the Master Sword have the same strength.[verification needed]
- Ocarina of Time contains unused text for the Giant's Knife, meant to be displayed when it is exchanged for the Biggoron's Sword, provided that Link possesses the Giant's Knife. The final version makes no mention of the replacement, and instead the Giant's Knife is simply discarded.
- When the Broken Sword is repaired, the tip of the handle changes from Yellow to Blue.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ダイゴロン刀 (Daigoron Tou)||Big Goron's Sword|
|Spanish||Espada de Biggoron||Biggoron's Sword|
|FrenchEU||Épée de Biggoron||Same as above|
|FrenchCA||Épée de Grogoron||Same as above|
|German||Biggoron-Schwert||Same as above|
|Italian|| Spada di Grande Goron (OoT3D)
Spada Biggoron (OoX)
| Big Goron's Sword|
|ChineseSI||大鼓隆之剑 (Dà Gǔlōng zhī Jiàn)||Big Goron's Sword|
- "They say that Biggoron's Sword is super sharp and will never break." — Gossip Stone (Ocarina of Time)
- "My Biggoron tool broke, so I was going to Goron City to get it repaired." — Mutoh (Ocarina of Time)
- "You handed in the Claim Check and got the Biggoron's Sword! This blade was forged by a master smith and won't break!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "Long reach and has good offense but requires energy to wield" — Weapon description (Soulcalibur II)
- "You traded the Giant's Knife for the Biggoron's Sword! This blade was forged by a master smith and won't break!" — Unused Text (Ocarina of Time)