Zelda Wiki:Milk Bar
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Welcome to the Milk Bar! This is the feedback area where you can ask questions, point out problems and improve yourself. Here at the Milk Bar, you can:
- Report problems that you might be having with the wiki (ex. can't get a page to load, errors when uploading an image, etc.).
- Ask wiki-related questions that you might have to the Zelda Wiki staff (ex. how to do upload an image, concerns, editing advice, etc.).
- Make small requests you may not be able to do on your own (ex. making userboxes not found in the Userbox List).
To propose changes that should be made to the wiki or discuss large wiki projects, please post in Hyrule Castle instead.
Zelda Wiki Help Guide first to see if your issue isn't already answered there. If it is not then please check the Table of Contents to see if your issue has already been raised. Alternatively, head through the Door of Time and see if your issue was raised in the past., with the most recent at the bottom of the page. Please fully examine the
To facilitate ease of browsing and replying, please:
- Post your question or feedback by clicking "Add topic" at the top of the page. Alternatively, place the title of your question == between pairs of equals signs == at the bottom of the list
- Remember to always sign your posts with name, date and time (by adding ~~~~ at the end of your post)
This page will be archived periodically. If you would like to see past questions and requests, go here.
|Castle Town · Hyrule Castle · Milk Bar · Door of Time · Image Requests|
When on the main page, I couldn't help but notice that the "Nominate a Featured Article" link was gone. Is this supposed to be like that, or is this an error? (Pardon me if I missed a whole conversation about this, I haven't been on the wiki for awhile) EDIT: By this, I mean the link in the featured article content area, not the one in the navigation bar. --TheHK (T) (C) 15:45, 28 July 2012 (EDT)
- It's the second link after the article summary, in the bottom right. We changed it's position over a year ago because of an issue with smaller screens. Sorry for the inconvenience! — Abdullah [T] [C] [S] 08:20, 29 July 2012 (EDT)
Mysterious Seed of Wisdom artwork
So my brother printed out some pictures for his kids to color and I'm fairly certain it's unreleased official artwork of Nayru from MSW and OOA; especially because in a few of them she's holding a palette. Plus, you can clearly see the character art development.
Anyway, I don't want to just post things if they're not cannon. Plus my brother doesn't remember where he got them from and I'm not sure what the rule is on attribution. What do you think? Is there someone I should show them to? Or somewhere I should post them? Psidd 18:22, 2 August 2012 (EDT)
- Nayru with a painting palette? These are images from Hyrule Historia, so this would be concept art and design sketches. These can be posted in the gallery for Nayru, it's not particularly unusual for these to appear on pages for various characters. There are some interesting ones floating around. It's worth noting that originally one of the three games had a theme of color, I'm not sure if the pages this artwork appears on mentions that, but presumably she was originally the Oracle of Color or something like that. ※Fizzle 18:53, 3 August 2012 (EDT)
- The problem is, he's had these for a while. They're older than Hyrule Historia. That being said, I haven't actually SEEN Hyrule Historia, so I can't verify if these would be the same (and therefore official or just fanart). Psidd 17:09, 13 August 2012 (EDT)
Main page loading too slowly?
Is this just me or is it affecting everyone? The main page is like a snail recently. Takes forever to load, if it does at all. I think we might need to cut down on the size of the newsfeed, I expect that is what is killing it. ※Fizzle 19:13, 3 August 2012 (EDT)
- I've been getting the same problem. I find that typing zeldawiki.org/main_page in the address bar makes it load a little bit faster than just zeldawiki.org, but that just may be a coincidence. --TheHK (T) (C) 21:50, 4 August 2012 (EDT)
Please undelete File:Exploding Triforce.png. Since I returned here to Zelda Wiki because of a two-week-long block on Uncyclopedia, and returned my user page to its former state, this image should be undeleted. --Cuddles 13:15, 7 August 2012 (EDT)
- No, we already had a similar image (with much better quality), so we don't need two of the same. --Dany36 18:46, 7 August 2012 (EDT)
When adding the __HIDDENCAT__ tag to a category, I get an internal error.
Questions on games
Just a quick question: where should I ask questions on individual games? I'm having trouble with something in Majora's Mask and I'm not sure where I should ask for help.
Samzapp 00:03, 8 August 2012 (EDT)
- The place it'd make the most sense to ask such questions, would be the respective pages' talk pages. Talk:The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, in your case. But remember that the talk pages are NOT forums where you can ask about what to do next, and the articles themselves aren't supposed to directly be game guides, although I guess you'll find all the information you need in articles surrounding your situation. --Norrvegr (talk | contribs) 09:48, 8 August 2012 (EDT)
- If you are having trouble getting through an area, I suggest asking on a forum (click the arrow next to "The Masterminds" on the sidebar and have your pick) or a walkthrough guide. --TheHK (T) (C) 10:27, 8 August 2012 (EDT)
- What HelmarokKing said. The wiki is not really a place to ask for game help, since the game articles, like MM's, are mostly to discuss things having to do with the article itself (how to improve it etc.). I'd suggest going to one of the Mastermind forums (found on the left sidebar like HK said) and asking there, or looking at the Mastermind sites guides. :) --Dany36 15:00, 8 August 2012 (EDT)
The problem is that Medigoron just repeats the description of Powder Kegs even after I've blown up the rocks blocking the Goron Racetrack and I need a way to fix it.
Samzapp 15:04, 8 August 2012 (EDT)
- As mentioned, this isn't the place to ask for help, and you've probably solved it by now, but did you beat Goht to remove the snow? If the problem is that you need another Powder Keg, try buying one from the bomb shop in town, I remember that being possible somehow. ※Fizzle 10:20, 12 August 2012 (EDT)
No thumbnail image?
An upload I made recently doesn't seem to be generating a thumbnail. File:Spaceworld97IronKnuckle.gif looks fine if you open the page, but it doesn't seem to be showing up in the gallery on the Iron Knuckle page itself. Is this the same for everyone? Is it because it is a gif, perhaps? I know sometimes it can take awhile but it's been six days since I first uploaded it. ※Fizzle 16:59, 13 August 2012 (EDT)
- Thumbnails and resizing don't work very well with GIFs, so yes, that's probably why. You'll have to upload it as a PNG. At this point, the only thing GIFs should be used for is animated sprites. As you know, PNGs are where it's at :P — Hylian King [*] 17:22, 13 August 2012 (EDT)
- Indeed, the original image was a gif in this case, but I can do that. Feel free to zap that one. ※Fizzle 17:39, 13 August 2012 (EDT)
Vector skin images do not appear in Google Chrome
I recently switched from using Firefox to Google Chrome, and today I went to Zelda Wiki to check on my profile. However, the logo image, as well as some of the Vector skin UI elements, are missing. Is this a problem on my end or is it affecting anyone else? Wwtoonlinkfan 23:38, 30 August 2012 (EDT)
- Now the missing elements are back. Did it have anything to do with the outage earlier today? Wwtoonlinkfan 01:04, 1 September 2012 (EDT)
- Some of those issues has appeared on Safari too :P --Norrvegr (talk | contribs) 04:46, 2 September 2012 (EDT)