|Game(s)||The Minish Cap|
|Habitat(s)||Wind Ruins (Fortress of Winds|
Cloud Tops (Tower of Winds)
|Notable Member(s)||Siroc (leader)|
Gale and Hailey
The Wind Tribe is a group of people in The Minish Cap who built and lived in the Wind Ruins. After living with the wind for a long time, the tribe gained mastery over it. They eventually abandoned the Wind Ruins and used their wind magic to move their palace to the Cloud Tops and keep it suspended there. They took their element with them and placed it in the Palace of Winds, guarding its entrance ever since. The tribe constructed Mazaal to repel intruders and guard a stone tablet on top of the Fortress of Winds. The tablet tells those seeking the Wind Element that the tribe moved to the sky and instructs adventurers to use the ocarina that Zeffa drops.
Early on in Link's adventure, he can do a Kinstone Fusion with Stranger to reach the Cloud Tops via a warp portal in south Hyrule Field. He is warped to a small section of the Cloud Tops, of which the ailing Gregal resides; Link cannot venture further until he eventually accesses the Cloud Tops from Veil Falls after first amassing the Earth, Fire, and Water Elements.
Members of the Wind Tribe are very skilled at finding Kinstone pieces, storing what they can manage in chests around their home. This skill may be necessary because they seem to depend on Kinstone fusion to call winds. Link may fuse kinstones with some of their members, including Gale and Strato found on the bottom floor, Caprice found on the second floor, Flurris found on the third floor, and Hailey found on the fourth floor of the Tower of Winds.
The Wind Tribe seemed to be on good terms with many of the races in Hyrule before leaving for the sky. They were the favorite people of King Gustaf, an ancient king of Hyrule, and the Minish built Armos statues for them long ago.
|The Wind Tribe (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
||The people who built the Wind Ruins. They now live above the clouds, suspended by their own magic ability to control the wind.|
- Twilight Princess features the Oocca race who also lives in a City in the Sky.
- There are also people living in Skyloft in Skyward Sword.
- The names of many of the Wind Tribe members are related to weather. This is similar to the Lokomo race, whose members are named after things related to trains.
- A siroc is a cold Mediterranean wind.
- Gregal comes from Gregale, a hot Mediterranean wind.
- A caprice is a sudden, unexpected change. A caprice can occur in weather.
- A gale is a very strong wind.
- Hailey comes from hail, which is precipitated lumps of ice.
- Flurris comes from snow flurry, which is a brief snow shower.
- Strato is a shortened form of stratosphere, the layer of the Earth's atmosphere just above the troposphere. The troposphere contains the majority of clouds, so Strato's name may literally mean "above the clouds".
|The Races of the Zelda Universe|
|Ancient Robot · Ancient Tribe · Anouki · Cobble · Dark Interlopers · Dark Tribe · Demon · Deity · Deku Scrub · Fairy · Garo · Gerudo · Goron · Hint Ghost · Ho Ho Tribe · Human · Hylian · Keaton · Kikwi · Kokiri · Korok · Lokomo · Minish · Mogma · Oocca · Parella · Rito · Salona · Sheikah · Skull Kid · Subrosian · Tokay · Twili · Watarara · Wind Tribe · Yamatami Tribe · Yeti · Yook · Zora · Zuna|
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found