Zelda Wiki:Featured Picture Nomination
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Here users can nominate and vote for Zelda Wiki's next featured picture. Featured pictures should:
- Depict a Zelda-related subject.
- Be properly sourced, categorized, and licensed using FileInfo.
- Be of a reasonably high resolution AND/OR
- Be of a high quality in terms of detail and rendering
- Meet all other criteria of Zelda Wiki's Image Quality Standards
For help on the correct format used to add nominations or votes, see the Featured Content Help.
Scoring and conditions for passing a nomination:
- All nominations start with an initial score of zero.
- A supporting vote adds 1 to the score.
- An opposing vote subtracts 1 from the score.
- An image needs to achieve a score of +5 within 4 months of the nomination date in order to be featured.
- A nomination automatically fails if the score drops to -3.
- You may only vote once on a particular image.
- You may not vote on any images you have nominated.
- Votes should be added beneath the relevant header (either support or opposition), with # at the beginning of the line. The current score must be updated to reflect this new vote.
- Supporting votes should include a brief message stating why the image should be featured.
- Opposing votes must specify how the image fails to meet one or more of the qualifying criteria described above.
- All votes MUST be signed using ~~~~. If you do not sign, your vote WILL NOT be counted!
The Wind Waker HD Screenshot
This image is amazing. It's not only very large and bright, but the colors are vibrant and soft. The realistic shading and reflection effects add to the image. The clouds look beautiful, and so do the detailed textures. You have to look at it in full resolution to see the detail put into the screenshot. There are a series of similar images that are all worthy of being featured, but this one is the best. —Darkness(Talk) 16:21, 17 March 2013 (UTC)
- Score : -1
- Final Date: July 13, 2013
- This picture IS great! I took a look at the full resolution photo, and everything you said is right! And this is a WiiU remake? If all the Zelda stuff looks this good on the WiiU, we have found ourselves a new major console. Ankazar 16:57, 17 March 2013 (UTC)
- It's not a bad shot, but we have no idea if the final game will look anything like this as this is pretty much the earliest we're seeing it. It's also kind of barren looking, as it's just the island with the new HD lighting style and not much else. We have a lot of Wind Waker images already and I much prefer art to screenshots, also. We're bound to get WAY more impressive Wind Waker WiiU images than this one, so it seems like jumping the gun. ※Fizzle 18:25, 17 March 2013 (UTC)
- I'm with Fizzle on this one. I think I would personally prefer a high-resolution panoramic screenshot of the original TWW to this, anyway. — Hylian King [*] 22:41, 17 March 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not too sure about this one. I think it's a very nice image, especially with the HD style. It's also quite a good panoramic; it's taken at an interesting angle and beautifully depicts such an iconic location. However, it does seem rather unpolished. There aren't any ripples or waves on the sea, making the water appear bland and the shadows of the clouds sharp. Also the glow effect leaves a lot to be desired. Dannyboy601Talk 23:27, 17 March 2013 (UTC)
- This is a nice shot, but the bloom effect seems a tad overdone. Also, as Danny said, it seems unfinished. While it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing to feature, I feel like we'd just get something higher quality later on down the line.—Justin(Talk) 21:58, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
Reuniting Kafei and Anju (August 5, 2007)disqualified
Majora's Mask Official Art (February 18, 2008)superseded
Ocarina of Time Poster (July 10, 2008)superseded