From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Game(s)||The Minish Cap|
Zeffa is a blue bird in The Minish Cap that swoops down and warps Link to any one of the 8 Wind Crests scattered across the overworld, when summoned by using the Ocarina of Wind, an item found in the Fortress of Winds. Once the Ocarina of Wind is obtained, Zeffa will transport Link about Hyrule regardless of how many Wind Crests he has uncovered.
The use of Zeffa and the Ocarina of Wind greatly cuts walking time between the regions of Hyrule, similar to the use of the Flute which would also summon a bird to take Link to certain locations in A Link to the Past.
- Link can avoid being warped by Zeffa if, after he calls for it using the Ocarina of Wind, he rolls or runs out of the way of Zeffa's swoop.
- Zeffa can be seen at the Picori Festival, perched atop the Wind Crest.
- Zeffa appears similar to the pokemon Swablu from the Generation III Ruby and Sapphire games.
- Skyward Sword may have paid homage to Zeffa by including a collectable item known as a Blue Bird Feather, which is primarily obtained by catching a rarely-seen Blue Chirri.
- Zeffa is a romanization of the Japanese name, "ゼッフャ" which itself is a "Japanization" of the English word "Zephyr," meaning a gentle breeze or wind.