From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
In The Wind Waker, the Great Valoo is the almighty Sky Spirit. The dragon Volvagia is thought to be his ancestor.
Valoo resides at the top of Dragon Roost Island and is the patron deity and protector of the Rito people that dwell there. Valoo only speaks the ancient Hylian Language, so only few can understand him, and even his attendant, Medli, has trouble sometimes. Valoo grants the Rito their wings when they come of age, and always protects them from harm. When Link first visits Dragon Roost Island, he finds out that Valoo is in a bit of a predicament: he is being tortured by the tremendous monster Gohma, hidden in the mountain beneath Valoo's high peak. Due to his change of temperament, it has prevented young Rito (such as Prince Komali) from reaching him to receive the scale that allows them to grow their wings. Moreover, one of Valoo's recent rampages caused a boulder to come crashing down the mountain, breaking the bridge leading to Dragon Roost Cavern and plugging the nearby spring. Link must defeat Gohma in order to heal the Sky Spirit's pain and receive Din's Pearl from Prince Komali.
Valoo burning Ganondorf's lair
After saving the great Valoo, he recognizes Link as a true hero and also tells him to use the wind god's wind
to aid the young hero on his quest. 
Later, after Link visits Greatfish Isle
, it is Valoo who tells Quill
to give word to Link about the whereabouts of the Water Spirit Jabun
Just before Link and Tetra are about to be killed by Ganondorf when they travel to the top of Forsaken Fortress, it's Valoo, Komali, and Quill who rescue them. Valoo unleashes a blast of fire onto Ganondorf's viewing platform in an attempt to kill him. However, just before Valoo departs, the Sky Spirit warns the King of Red Lions that "such simple" fire cannot possibly destroy Ganon.
| Valoo (Figurine from The Wind Waker)
|| Birthplace: Dragon Roost Island.|
Valoo has lived on Dragon Roost Island and protected the Ritos since long, long ago. He has a habit of speaking only Hylian, which only his attendant, Medli, grasps.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Valoo appears as a trophy and sticker in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
||How to Unlock
|Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|| A spirit of the skies sacred to the Rito people. He lives atop Dragon Roost Island. Adult Ritos receive a scale from Valoo that allows them to grow wings and fly. Usually the friendly type, he becomes enraged when the evil creature Gohma grabs his tail, tethering him. Link battles Gohma and frees Valoo, who expresses his thanks to Link and labels him "The Hero of Winds."
||Effect in The Subspace Emissary
|| The Wind Waker
||[Specials: Indirect] - Attack +19
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Ask the winged Rito tribespeople about the sky spirit, Valoo" — Medli (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Even after the land of Hyrule was sealed away, the guardian spirits of the three pearls of the goddesses remain. They are thought to be descended from Volvagia, the Deku Tree, and Jabu-Jabu, spirits that existed during the Era of the Hero of Time." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 127)
- ↑ "We do so by the graces of the sky spirit, Valoo. When a Rito reaches adulthood, he or she journeys to the top of Dragon Roost to receive a scale from the great dragon. It is this scale that enables the Rito to grow his or her wings." — Rito Chieftain (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Let me be direct. My son, Komali, is of the age to earn his wings... Yet...he is weak, in some ways...and in light of the current situation, he may just give up on ever getting them..." — Rito Chieftain (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "A letter? From my father? Oh, sure, telling me to be brave is easy enough for him... It's not like he's the one who went through that horrible experience... It's not like HE still has to go get a scale from Valoo." — Prince Komali (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "You see this place? There used to be a spring here, surrounded by a beautiful pond... It was peaceful and lovely...But then the great Valoo... He became so angry, and... In his rage, he shook the mountain and this boulder crashed down, plugging the spring. You can see the result." — Medli (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "O Hero! Thank you! O Hero! Use the Wind God's Wind!" — Valoo (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Oh, I almost forgot! The great Valoo also names you, Link, a true hero." — Medli (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Use the wind god's...wind? That's what he said, but I don't understand. I wonder what it means?" — Medli (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Valoo must have been right when he asked me to bring word of Jabun to you..." — Quill (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Still...it is too soon for us to relax. Ganon cannot be destroyed by such simple means as wrath and fire." — Valoo (The Wind Waker)
| Names in Other Regions
|| ヴァルー (Varū)