From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Can you ask me sometimes before you delete some of the files I've uploaded? Or at least add them to the pages I forgot to add them to... I was going to get around to it, I had just forgotten. Though the Goomba one was a bit of a mistake because I thought it had a clean background and I could just throw it on the Goomba page... but yeah, the Moby one was meant to be added, I was just taking time with it because I would of had to add an extra section to go with it. ※Fizzle 21:44, 12 July 2012 (EDT)
- I saw that it had been uploaded 12 or so days ago, so I thought to delete it, but sure. I'll restore it right now. Sorry about that! --Dany36 22:31, 12 July 2012 (EDT)
- Thanks, no worries! I do sometimes forget things a bit. ※Fizzle 13:53, 13 July 2012 (EDT)
Shouldn't we put in Brawl about their tones of color?
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee378/XOzelinkOX/hnn.png I think we should put them or...not? :/... Ps. Should we add ZeLink Brawl in the shipping page too? --Isamisa 20:53, 28 July 2012 (EDT)
- The color differences are rather minimal that I'm not sure they're really worth pointing them out. Yes, the models are based on TP, but they're not even supposed to be the same, as noted by the change in their faces, most notably. And sure, we could probably put that scene in the shipping page. --Dany36 21:01, 28 July 2012 (EDT)
Btw, look what I found http://www.vgmaps.com/forums/index.php?topic=1243.15 , should we put these images to the pages from the wiki? --Isamisa 21:20, 28 July 2012 (EDT)
- Wow, those are pretty neat! However, since they're fan-made, we can't really place them here on the wiki. --Dany36 21:25, 28 July 2012 (EDT)
We don't do the quote thing? I've seen them on a number of other pages. Should I remove them? Don't see the harm in them personally, but hey. ※Fizzle 17:14, 29 July 2012 (EDT)
- If some pages have them (which...I guess would only be a few, since I don't recall them), then yeah, they should more than likely be removed to be consistent. I mean, you don't have to do it, but that would be nice. Thanks! --Dany36 20:55, 29 July 2012 (EDT)
- I was thinking about it, and what about bosses from Link's Awakening (and the Oracle games) that pretty much only have one (or sometimes two) lines? Maybe their opening line would be appropriate. I put one on the King Moblin page and there's also one on the Slime Eye page that's been there for awhile. I can see how others can be subjective and lead to quote editing wars though. ※Fizzle 07:14, 30 July 2012 (EDT)
Thought I'd bring this to an admins. attention
On the category:enemies in Skyward Sword page the entire R section is missplaced and is located below the B or C section. I'm not too sure if you know how to fix this issue (you probally do being an admin and all) but I'm guessing this is a coding issue. Anywho here's a link to the problem. http://www.zeldawiki.org/Category:Enemies_in_The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Skyward_Sword --Shadow Reaper 18:42, 8 August 2012 (EDT)
Why did you change Personality to Characteristic at Link and Ganon? --Cococrash11 18:50, 24 August 2012 (EDT)
Road to Southern Swamp
Thanks for that! I am new to this site, so I'm not 100% clear on the editing conventions you guys have; however, I do come with plenty of experience on the actual, honest-to-God Wikipedia so I imagine several things from there carry over to here (with the caveat that we have the liberty of going more in-depth on the Zelda-related topics we cover).
Take care, and I hope I continue to see you around. =) Kurtis C. 18:10, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, no problem! There wasn't really much I could fix, just added some headers and a few links and done! Looks like you're off to a good start! We're not as strict as Wikipedia, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any other staff member around. See ya! :3 --Dany36 18:56, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
- But that would make sense though, because Wikipedia is such a high profile site and not as specific as the Zelda Wiki is. By the way, I've replied to your message on my talk page. I do use the "show preview" button quite a bit, but I tend to change my mind a lot even after I've hit the save button. I'll try to reign that in, though.
- Thanks for helping me out, take care. =) Kurtis C. 01:13, 28 October 2012 (UTC)
Hey Dany, I'm trying to upload an audio file in .ogg format, but it's not going through. Whenever I hit the upload button, it sends me to an HTTP error screen. Is there some sort of limitation on newer accounts with regards to uploading files in that format (i.e. limited to autoconfirmed users)? Kurtis C. 01:15, 28 October 2012 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, we've had that problem ever since a server change quite a few months ago. It appears we haven't been able to fix it. We've reported it several times, but no replies from the folks who are able to repair that error... :( Sorry for the inconvenience! --Dany36 01:42, 28 October 2012 (UTC)
- It's fine, I've found another method for inserting music files into articles.
- Saved by the miracle of YouTube. =) Kurtis C. 02:53, 28 October 2012 (UTC)
Hello. I was just wondering if you know whether the Wii version of Twilight Princess is considered Canon or not. I brought this discussion up on the Twilight Princess page and no one's replied in the past few days... several users replied, but I wanted to know what it's considered officially... sorry to bug you! —Darkness(Talk) 21:33, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry for butting in, I know I'm not the person you were looking to speak with, but I can help you out and I'm sure Dany won't mind.
- Anyways Darkness, Twilight Princess for the Wii is exactly the same game as Twilight Princess for the GameCube. As such, it cannot possibly be any less "canon" than its GC counterpart, as they have the exact same storyline and contain virtually no distinguishing features (outside of being released on two different consoles of course, and having two different control schemes).
- Hope this helps! Take care. =) Kurtis C. 10:45, 3 November 2012 (UTC)
Ok, thanks. On the Fairy Companions page, they have a short section about the Cursor Fairy. So should I move that part up to the Canon fairy companions section, or just leave it as it is? (I can't sign my posts now. This post is from Darkness)
- Oh, that's what you were asking. Well, I've learned something new today — apparently the fairy is unique to the Wii version of Twilight Princess. Nevertheless, it doesn't serve as an actual component of the storyline and is merely a technical feature added by the programmers of the game (i.e. it's not a character), so I'm not sure if it could be added to the "Canon Fairies" section. But maybe it could actually stand as its own subsection, given the fact that it doesn't really fall into either of the two categories presented at the article. I'm not 100% sure what to do with it. Sorry about that. =/ Kurtis C. 18:59, 3 November 2012 (UTC)
- Ok, then for right now I'll just leave it as it is. Or do you think we should just call it Ambiguously Canon? Or maybe add a new section for the fairy and say that it's not canon and not noncanon? Thanks! —Darkness(Talk) 23:02, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
Hey Dany, sorry to pester you but I think this is important. I've uploaded a new version of the aforementioned image, but unfortunately the one I created was a .png file, whereas the one originally in use at the Gekko article was in .jpg format. As such, I could not use the "Upload a new version of this file" button and therefore had no other alternative but to create an entirely new page for my .png image. Now the original .jpg image has been orphaned, as it is not used in any articles and would serve no further purpose at this point. Would you mind deleting it as soon as is permitted in ZW's deletion policies? It is a fair use image, after all.
Thanks in advance. =) Kurtis C. 10:16, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
- You can use the Imdel template to flag which images need to be deleted. I've went ahead and done that for you, but just for future reference, you can use that instead of having to ask every time. :D - ＰａｋｋｕｎT S C 10:24, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
- All right, thanks. =)
- I didn't think Zelda Wiki would have things like that, but I guess it does. Kurtis C. 10:38, 3 November 2012 (UTC)
Hey! Look! Listen! Watch Out!
- Yeah, just been really busy with school and shiz lately. Hopefully I'll be back more active than ever in December! 8D --Dany36 23:08, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
I wish it looked like that every night... Kurtis C. 04:50, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
- Haha! No thanks!! :P I don't want to have a mini heart attack every time I look up. --Dany36 23:08, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
- LOL. =P Kurtis C. 09:57, 7 November 2012 (UTC)
Hey, I just had a question about user names. Do you block user or ask them to change their usernames if it could be considered offense? I was looking at the recent changes and noticed that someone was using the username Zelda games suck. Is that considered vandalism? Sorry if I'm bugging you... —Darkness(Talk) 21:27, 26 November 2012 (UTC)
- You're definitely not bugging me! We can block users with offensive names, but only bureaucrats can change usernames. Don't worry about that user though, he has been banned for spamming and whatnot. :) --Dany36 21:30, 26 November 2012 (UTC)
- I hope it doesn't sound like I'm insulting you, but actually I think he's not... I mean not the user Zelda Sucks big, but the user Zelda games suck. I was looking at the recent changes and at the online users and it said that he was viewing Special:User Logout. Just a few minutes ago. —Darkness(Talk) 21:37, 26 November 2012 (UTC)
It's ok, banned users can log in and even view the wiki (I think), but they cannot edit pages or upload images. :) --Dany36 21:41, 26 November 2012 (UTC)
Zelda games suck big
- Unfortunately, about receiving emails, there's nothing we can do. He has already been banned here on the wiki. The only thing I can recommend doing is just marking all of his emails as spam. Don't worry about him, just ignore him. He can't do ya any harm. :) --Dany36 22:09, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
I'm sorry. I just got freaked out, no one's ever done something like that to me so I was scared. Sorry! 22:10, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
- It's ok, no biggie. Just remember to mark his messages as spam and bingo! You won't get them in your inbox anymore. --Dany36 22:11, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you SO much. I disabled emails from other users so I don't get them anymore.—Darkness(Talk) 22:18, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
Awesome Hard Work!
I feel you deserve this for your hardwork in cleaning up all the vandalism going on lately so I'm gonna post this on behalf of my Zelda Fan Friends and myself. Thank you for your hard work, we really appreciate a hardworker like you and all the other admins as well keeping this place clean from nook to cranny. --Vaati The Wind Demon 03:31, 28 November 2012 (UTC)
- Waaah, thank you so much! T_T Cleaning up vandalism is indeed a mess, but it's all for keeping this place tidied up. I'll do it as many times as it takes. Thanks again! The other admins and I really appreciate it. --Dany36 03:44, 28 November 2012 (UTC)
- I have to agree. I checked out the recent changes yesterday and it was full of all of the spam pages and user's blocks. I have to thank you so much for blocking all of those stupid spam users who were threatening me. Thanks so much! And thanks... and thanks...;D —Darkness(Talk) 23:36, 28 November 2012 (UTC)
Just wanna jump in and say thanks too, since it's... half my fault what with all the red links I make as I idly wander around. Didn't realize til recently that they get vandalized so badly though, I just create them partly to remind myself what needs doing. Why are those pages vandalized while others aren't? And what's with all the spam accounts recently? I don't remember seeing it a few months back or so. ※Fizzle 03:29, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
Hello. I've been writing a WikiExclusive, and I'm pretty close to done, so I wanted to ask if you could nominate it or whatever is needed to be done. I know that the staff has approve it, and I wanted to ask if it is disapproved, can you please tell me what I could do to make it better? I mean, I spent about 2 hours writing it, so I'd be happy to rewrite a paragraph or the whole thing. —Darkness(Talk) 00:12, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
- Sure! Once you're done with it, feel free to send it to my email using the "Email this user" function found in the toolbox to the left. I'll share it with the staff then to review it. :) --Dany36 01:56, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
- S'cool, there's no rush! Just send it whenever you're ready. :) --Dany36 22:18, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
Featured article voting
Hey, so Mandi brought up a good point here about our Featured Article and Image voting systems. I personally would like to see a change, but that just won't happen if no one says anything or voices their opinion. I'm asking you to please voice your opinion on changing the system so we can move forwards with proposing actual changes and actually GET somewhere with this. Please and thank you!—Justin(Talk) 04:30, 6 December 2012 (UTC)
I've noticed that there are still white lines on either side of the bottom-right corner in this image, yet I'm no good at uploading replacement .jpg files. Would you mind fixing it up a bit?
- Don't worry about it Dany I already took care of it. --Shadow Reaper 13:48, 7 December 2012 (UTC)
Recently Justin posted on my talk page asking me to try and reign in the number of images I've been uploading to the Zelda Wiki. I actually agree that I probably am going a tad overboard on the number of screenshots I've been uploading (I took a lot of them, what can I say), and I think it would be a good idea to reduce the volume of pics applied to certain pages (specifically Beneath the Graveyard). What I'm going to try and do is see if there are other articles in which they can be applied, so that I can transfer them over and decrease the size of the gallery section on the aforementioned page. However, some images might be gratuitious to begin with, so I might wind up having them deleted and uploading them on a separate Flickr account instead.
Would you be OK with specifying which images you think Beneath the Graveyard could do without, and other places where some of them may find use? Are there other articles where I added too many images, and what can be done with those?
How do I get my username renamed? I really don't want users to get me confused with another user who edits wikis under the same name. (talk) 03:28, 29 January 2013 (UTC)
- Well, just tell me what you would want the new username to be and I think I'll be able to change it without messing anything up! :3 --Dany36 03:52, 29 January 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, okay then. I'd like it changed to Gharet. Thanks in advance! (talk) 15:33, 29 January 2013 (UTC)
- Done! :) --Dany36 15:40, 29 January 2013 (UTC)
Out of curiosity, how many times am I allowed a name change? (talk) 14:30, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
How many things do you have to do to get on the staff?
I love Zelda and would love to be a true part of the Zelda communtitiy. I realize that I, being new to the wiki, have a lot to learn, but eventually I would love to be part of the wiki. So, it would be nice to when I learn everything I need to know to be a part of the Wiki.Ankazar 03:00, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
- Hey! We're glad to hear that you're interested in becoming a staff member at Zelda Wiki. :) You're already a part of the wiki by just editing or even by just being a reader, but if you wish to become a staff member, then all you have to do is have a love for editing and....that's it! We usually try to choose editors who are actively trying to improve the wiki. And I'm not only talking about creating new pages or expanding small articles to fully-developed articles or uploading images...I'm also talking about the small edits here and there that help improve the overall quality of the wiki, such as simply categorizing our images or even fixing a typo. Our staff is always looking out for these kinds of people, so don't get discouraged because members' edits never go unnoticed by us!
- If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me or any other active staff member. Happy editing! :) --Dany36 03:41, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
Hudless Screens (also, Hi!!)
Hey Dany, I recently acquired MM for PJ64 and I'm trying to take Screens without the HUD (buttons) and I'm lost! T_T They have a nice function called Freelook on the Dolphin emu for this sort of thing, but I can't find a similar function for PJ64. Any tips? Thanks!!!! :) —Embyr 75 --Talk-- 23:33, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
- Hullo! Nice to see you around these parts again!
- Ahem! It's easy, just add this code to your cheats (if you don't know how, let me know!!)
- 50000902 0000
- 813FD76E 0000
- This doesn't get rid of the clock, though. For that, what I would do is to take out the Ocarina, put it away, and the clock is gone until you move. I used to pause the game (which causes it to disappear for an instant before bringing up the Start menu), but for some reason it started to mess up the image when it would pause. :P --Dany36 23:45, 19 March 2013 (UTC)