From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
- This article is about the Turtle that brought Link to the Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask. For turtle-like enemies in the Zelda universe, see Turtle (Enemy).
The Turtle is a creature in Majora's Mask who resides in the Zora Cape of Great Bay. Its name is unknown and it was not until Super Smash Bros. Melee that it got the "title" Turtle.
The turtle of the Great Bay is a very old creature that seems to spend most of its time asleep, disguising itself as a small island in the Great Bay. Despite this, it is aware of everything that is going on in the ocean. It knows Link's name without it being told to him. The turtle also is aware of Link's "ability" to change his shape and Link's quest to save Termina. As such, he immediately offers to bring Link to the Great Bay Temple when he is awoken by the "New Wave Bossa Nova" played by Zora Link. When Link defeats the temple boss Gyorg and thus helps the third Giant, The turtle informs Link that he will go back into his slumber after listening to Lulu sing a bit more.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
The turtle makes an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee as part of the Great Bay Stage. He functions as an extra platform that at times disappears under water. He can either appear with his head towards the screen (small platform) or with his head to the left (big platform). He also has his own trophy in the game.
||How to Unlock
||When Link played the "New Wave Bossa Nova", what masqueraded as a lone island rose out of the waters of the Great Bay Coast and revealed itself to be a giant turtle. This mighty terrapin is ancient and wise beyond belief. It sensed Link's destiny and braved the stormy seas in order to transport him to the Great Bay Temple.
The Turtle appears in front of Zora Link
The Turtle with Link on his back
- ↑ "Mm...Mm...Yeeeaaawn! I slept quite well!" — Turtle (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I was surprised when my voice turned that lonely island into a turtle..." — Lulu (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Yes, Lulu. It's nothing to be surprised at. Although my eyes were closed in sleep, I still see everything that occurs in this ocean..." — Turtle (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Why so slow? Hurry up and fire your hookshot into the palm tree on my back, Link. Heh, heh, heh. Of course I know your name. Didn't I say that all is seen by me?" — Turtle (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "You seem to be having a bit of trouble... Are you still not used to your Zora body? Perhaps it would be quicker to give up." — Turtle (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "The open seas of Great Bay have need of your might. Quickly. Climb onto my back." — Turtle
- ↑ "Now I can continue resting in peace. I too must abide the laws of ancient times and again merely watch from my deep slumber. But the evil that haunts this land has not completely vanished, Link. I shall depart after enjoying Lulu's voice a bit longer. I think the gods can permit that. Hyeh, hyeh, hyeh." — Turtle (Majora's Mask)
| Names in Other Regions