Tower of Flames
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Game(s)||Four Swords Adventures|
|Main Item||Bow is most extensively used|
|Mini-boss(es)||Ball and Chain Soldier|
Tower of Flames is the third stage in Death Mountain in Four Swords Adventures and it is where the Green Shrine Maiden is being held hostage. Although this few enemies are encountered in this dungeon, there are many hazards, fire traps such as rotating flame pillars and fire shooting statues. Large parts of the dungeon is also covered by lava pits.
Near the end of the dungeon, the four Links meets a lone, but talktive Goron. Apparently he entered the tower in order to vanquish the monster around, but accidently dropped the bombs he brought with him into the lava pits. He then advises the four Links on how to defeat the enemies, namely a group of Dodongos. After acquiring bombs the four Links defeats the dodongos, they head out to a terrace were they once again meet Kaepora Gaebora, who warn them of the evil that as struck Hyrule Castle. They then proceed to rescue the Green Shrine Maiden.
|Enemies Encountered in this Dungeon||Items Obtained in this Dungeon|
- Interestingly, the background music is that of Ganon's lair (Level 9, Death Mountain Labyrinth) in The Legend of Zelda.
- The Tower of Flames looks very similar to the Tower of Hera in A Link to the Past, which is also located on Death Mountain.
- ↑ "Oh, this isn't good. I brought my bombs all this way, and then I dropped 'em. They went right into the lava, too. And I thought I had a good plan... I was gonna use them on the monsters around here. You should watch out for them." — Goron (Four Swords Adventures)
- ↑ "Even with my strength, it's a waste to hit them. I can't even make a dent! But then it came to me! They may be tough on the outside but weak on the INSIDE! So right when they open their mouths to breather fire, gulp! And then... BLAMMO! What a great idea! ...But then I dropped my bombs in the lava! Ugh! I can't believe it!" — Goron (Four Swords Adventures)
- ↑ "Hoo hoot! Link! Danger has struck Hyrule Castle once again! ... Where there is great evil, though there may also be an imprisoned shrine maiden. You must tell the maiden of this tower! We cannot abandon Hyrule Castle!" — Kaepora Gaebora (Four Swords Adventures)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Torre de las Llamas|
|French||Tour des Flammes|
|German||Turm des Feuers|
|Italian||Torre di Fuoco|