From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The telescope from The Wind Waker
|Game(s)|| The Wind Waker|
|Use(s)|| See distant objects|
The telescope is an item from The Wind Waker.
Belonging to Aryll, Link's sister, the telescope is her most treasured possession. Despite this, Aryll lends it to her brother at the beginning of the game as a birthday present. Although she says she will let him borrow it for one day only, he ends up keeping it for the remainder of the game after she gets kidnapped.
It is with the telescope that Link notices Quill looking up at the sky at the giant Helmaroc King kidnapping the pirate Tetra, and it is also the only time the telescope is truly needed to advance in the game. However, the telescope is also useful to locate elements that are too far from Link's first glance, such as the seagulls surrounding a Big Octo, or a submarine.
The Kaleidoscope is the second item from the Phantom Hourglass trading sequence. When Link takes the Hero's New Clothes to The Hero on board the Traveler's Ship in the North Western Sea, he will be given the Kaleidoscope, which he mistakes for a Telescope at first. The Kaleidoscope needs to be taken to the Ho Ho Tribe.
- Zuko, one of Tetra's pirates, also has a telescope, very much like the one Link gets from Aryll.
- Pink "scout" Bokoblins out on the Great Sea have a similar form of telescope that they use as weapons. Strangely enough, if a pink Bokoblin picks up a weapon, it holds both its telescope and weapon in the same hand.
- Old Man Ho Ho also has a kaleidoscope which looks similar to the telescope from the outside.
- The lonely boy Kamo from The Wind Waker makes a habit of staring at the full moon with his telescope.
- A telescope resembling Aryll's can be seen in the background of Linebeck Trading Company.
- ↑ "I'm letting you borrow this special gift just because you're my big brother!" — Aryll (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "You got the Telescope! This is your sister's most precious belonging. Treasure it dearly! Set it to [Y], [Z], or [X] and use it by pressing whatever button you set it to. Do it now, and see what you can see!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Hey, what's that? Link! Are you looking at the red postbox? The postman looks kinda weird, doesn't he? AAAAAHH! Link! The sky! Look up in the sky! Link, this is so terrible! That girl fell into the forest! You have to go help her!" — Aryll (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "You got the telescope! Now you can see far-off things. No, wait... It's just a kaleidoscope! Too bad..." — N/A (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "Ho ho! So beautiful! Incredibly beautiful! I'm so glad I bought this kaleidoscope!" — Old Man Ho Ho (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Unrequited love may have twisted me up inside, but I can still find peace when I gaze at the timeless moon...And of all her phases, I particularly love gazing at the full moon!" — Kamo (The Wind Waker)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||望遠鏡 (Bōenkyō)||万華鏡 (Mangekyō)|
Telescopio de mano
|Items in The Wind Waker|
|Click on an item|
|Phantom Hourglass Trade Sequence|
|Hero's New Clothes > Kaleidoscope > Guard Notebook > Wood Heart > Swordsman's Scroll|