From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|The Tavern is never seen in the book|
|Other media||The Crystal Trap|
|Item(s)||Fairy Flower Sap|
The Tavern is a location featured in The Crystal Trap. Situated in the main street of the Town of Ruto, the tavern serves as a gathering and enterntainment place for the townsfolk, where they can have a drink or even sing.
After Princess Zelda enters the tavern, she sits down and notices that a hooded stranger sitting in a corner of the room all by himself is staring right at her. Thinking that it's one of Ganon's spies, she wonders if she should either confront him now to get him off her back or leave and try to lose him in the streets. If Zelda decides to approach the stranger, she will fight her way through the crowd and confronts the stranger with her hand on her dagger. The hooded man reveals himself to be Estragon, Zelda's old teacher. He informs her that there are real spies of Ganon lurking about and that he already knows about her quest. Curious, Zelda asks if he knows how to get the Magic Honey from Conly the beekeeper. Estragon gives her a small flask containing the sap of the fairy flower tree, which the beekeper uses to make his favorite drink. Before departing the tavern, Zelda embraces her old friend and heads for the Beekeeper's Hut.
- ↑ "Down a narrow lane to the left she sees lights coming from a tavern and hears sounds of singing." (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 24)
- ↑ "'What'll it be, milady?' the serving girl asks. 'Something hot,' Zelda replies. For the first time that day, she relaxes a little." (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 88)
- ↑ "He's sitting in a corner of the room by himself wrapped in a thick cloak of dark green cloth. His hood is up. Zelda can just see the glint of his eyes reflecting the firelight. He's staring right at her." (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 88)
- ↑ "Zelda scowls. 'I'll bet that's a spy of Ganon's watching me,' she mutters. 'I could confront him now and get him off my back.' Then she reconsiders. 'Or maybe I should leave and try to lose him in the streets.'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 88)
- ↑ "Finally Zelda fights her way through the crowd to the stranger's side. 'You!' she says boldly, her hand on her dagger. 'What are you staring at?'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 49)
- ↑ "'A weary princess,' the man answers and lets his hood fall away from his face. 'Estragon!' Zelda cries. 'My old teacher. I thought you were Ganon's spy.' Estragon nods his gray head and smiles. 'At least you haven't forgotten everything,' he says. 'Now sit down. There are real spies of Ganon lurking about.'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 7)
- ↑ "Zelda starts to tell her tale but Estragon has already heard. 'You always knew when I was in trouble,' she says. 'Do you know how I can get the magic honey?' 'With this,' he replies and places a small flask on the table. 'The sap of the fairy flower tree. The beekeeper uses it to make his favorite drink.'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 49)