Swords of Ocarina of Time
There are four available swords in Ocarina of Time. The Kokiri Sword, Master Sword, Giant's Knife and Biggoron's Sword. The Giant's Knife and Biggoron's Sword are double-handed so they cannot be used in concurrence with a shield.
- Main article: Kokiri Sword
- Main article: Master Sword
The legendary blade of time resides in the Temple of Time. The Master Sword is the final key to the sacred realm that holds the Triforce, and only the one worthy of the title of the Hero of Time can draw it. When Link pulls the Master Sword out of its pedestal, he travels seven years into the future. This sword is the primary weapon for the game. Only Adult Link can wield it.
- See Also: Broken Sword
The Giant's Knife can be bought from Medigoron for 200 rupees if Link opened his shop as a child using Bombs. The Giant's Knife looks much like the Biggoron's Sword, however the blade will entirely break off after 8 hits or if Link strikes a wall, turning it into the "Broken Giant's Knife". The broken knife can still be used but will only have 1/4 the power of the fixed version. While wielding the broken knife, the Spin Attack cannot be used. The Giant's Knife can only be used by Adult Link and must be held with two hands, thereby precluding the use of a shield.
Strangely, if Link were to avoid ever obtaining a Giant's Knife and then were to instead skip to getting the Biggoron's Sword, Medigoron will still talk to Link as if he has a working, non-broken Giant's Knife even though it is in fact a Biggoron's Sword.
- Main article: Biggoron's Sword
Crafted by Biggoron, this large, double-handed blade is the most powerful weapon in the game and can be obtained at the end of a series of trades. Only Adult Link can wield it, and like the Giant's Knife, simultaneous use of the shield is impossible.
- "This is a hidden treasure of the Kokiri, but you can borrow it for a while. Be sure to practice with it before you really fight!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "The Master Sword--the evil-destroying sword that you pulled out of the Pedestal of Time--was the final key to the Sacred Realm." — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "The Master Sword is a sacred blade which evil ones may never touch.... Only one worthy of the title of "Hero of Time" can pull it from the Pedestal of Time...." — Rauru (Ocarina of Time)
- "Past, present, future... The Master Sword is a ship with which you can sail upstream and downstream through time's river..." — Shiek (Ocarina of Time)
- "How about buying this knife for 200 Rupees?" — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "I'm working on something really cool right now! But I think it's going to take a while... If you can wait five or six years, it should be ready. OK?" — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "I just completed a small weapon. How about it..." — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "It looks like there is a problem with its durability... But still..." — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "You handed in the Claim Check and got the Biggoron's Sword! This blade was forged by a master smith and won't break!" — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Giant's Knife||Giant's Knife (Broken)|
|Spanish||Daga gigante (OoT3D)||Daga gigante (quebrada) (OoT3D)|
|French||Lame des géants (OoT3D)||Lame des géants (brisée) (OoT3D)|