Swamp Spider House
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The outside of the Spider House
|Quest Reward(s)||Mask of Truth|
Entrance to the House
The place is located relatively close to the Deku Palace. However, the entrance to the house itself is blocked by a spiderweb that must be burned (either with a Deku Stick or with a Fire Arrow) in order to gain access. The Cursed Man in the vestibule explains that the curse on the house can only be lifted by defeating all 30 Gold Skulltulas inside.
The Swamp Spider House has several puzzles that cannot be completed without a multitude of items. Magic Beans are a possible necessity, as several areas cannot be reached without the platform that the beans provide; however, this problem can be circumvented with the extra jumping power provided by the Bunny Hood, or just by using the Hookshot. Another necessity are Bugs, found within the house. The Gold Skulltulas are hiding all over the house, in various nooks and obscured by pillars and pots. Link must use all of his skills to find all thirty Gold Skulltulas.
Once the Gold Skulltulas are defeated, the Cursed Man within the Spider House will be cleansed, and he will express his thanks to Link by giving him the Mask of Truth.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- The Swamp Spider House is similar to the House of Skulltula from Ocarina of Time, and the cursed man resembles the father from the Skulltula Family.
- The only normal Deku Scrub (like those found inside the Deku Tree in Ocarina of Time) is found in a room inside the house.
- The Cursed Man's dog is also in the Spider House, and says his master's eyes are always filled with greed.
- ↑ "Ah! Help me! I am not a monster! The spider's curse... It made me this way..." — Cursed Man (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "If you lift the curse...I'll teach you...something good...Hurry...Please...This is awful... In here...The gold ones...The cursed spiders...Defeat them all...Make me normal...again..." — Cursed Man (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Rrr-ruff! Stupid master... His eyes are always filled with greed and desire..." — Dog (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||沼のクモ館 (Numa no Kumo Yakata)|
|Spanish||Casa de las Arañas del Pantano|
|French||Maison des Araignées Effrayantes|
|German||Spinnenhaus in den Sümpfen|