From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The engraving of the "Sun's Song" on the Royal Family's Tomb
|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
|Instrument(s)||Ocarina of Time|
|Power(s)||Speeds up time; turns night to day and day to night.|
|Learned in||Royal Family's Tomb|
|Related songs|| "Song of Passing"|
"Song of Double Time"
The "Sun's Song" is a melody played in Ocarina of Time.
The song is composed by the Composer Brothers, Flat and Sharp. Assigned by the Royal Family of Hyrule to study the mystic powers of the family, this melody is the result of Flat and Sharp each studying a different song: one to summon the sun, and another to summon the moon.
The "Sun's Song" can be learned from entering the Royal Family's Tomb in the Graveyard of Kakariko Village; however, the inside of the tomb can only be accessed after playing Zelda's Lullaby on top of the Triforce mark. The notes for this tune are scratched on a wall at the end of the crypt along with a poem. The "Sun's Song," when played on either of the ocarinas, will allow Link to change night to day, or day to night. It can also freeze ReDeads and Gibdos inside the room within which the melody is played.
When this melody is played, one of two things can happen to the surrounding area and Link's location. In areas where time flows normally, Link will remain in his current location, whereas in locations where time normally stands still, Link is returned to the entrance to that area. Examples of these effects are Hyrule Field and Kakariko Village, respectively. When the "Sun's Song" is played in Hyrule Field, Link stays where he is, and the sun quickly sets before the moon is summoned. When this melody is played in Kakariko Village, however, the screen goes black, and when Link is visible again he is at the entrance of Kakariko Village. This song is especially useful for completing the Gold Skulltula token side quest, as they are only found on the overworld during night.
Since its introduction in Ocarina of Time, the Sun's Song has become the song to signify morning in almost every The Legend of Zelda game.
- ↑ "Something is inscribed on the tombstone... It's the secret melody of the Composer Brothers!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "We brothers also served the Royal Family, and were assigned to study the hereditary mystic powers of the family. Though we never could figure out the power of the Triforce, we had almost completed our study of controlling time with the tones of ocarinas. Uh, I mean... Actually, we did complete that study!" — Composer Brothers (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "To tell the truth, each of us was studying a different song, one to summon the sun and another to summon the moon." — Composer Brothers (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "The rising sun will eventually set, A newborn's life will fade. From sun to moon, moon to sun... Give peaceful rest to the living dead. This is an interesting poem... huh?" — Inscription (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Like I told you before, with that song, you can turn day to night or night to day whenever you want. When you're in darkness, that song should bring the sun's light to you. You should try it." — Composer Brothers (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Restless souls wander where they don't belong, bring them calm with the Sun's Song." — Inscription (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||太陽の歌 (Taiyou no Uta)|
|Spanish||Canción del Sol||Sun's Song|
|French||Chant du Soleil||Chant of the Sun|
|German||Hymne der Sonne|
|Italian||Canto del sole|