From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Game(s) Present||Majora's Mask|
The Couple's Mask is a mask featured in Majora's Mask. A Couple's Mask is a sign of two people dedicating their lives to each other by creating two wedding masks and combining them to form a Couple's Mask, a ritual which signifies that the two people are now married.
The Couple's Mask is formed through the merging of two separate masks, the mask Link obtains being made from the Sun Mask and the Moon Mask. The merging seems to be simple, happening if the two lovers simply press each mask against the other. It then seems to be tradition to allow a witness to this union to take the Couple's Mask that results. Although it is uncertain if the Couple's Mask is always made up of a Sun Mask and Moon Mask (see below), the form the final mask takes seems to always be the same. 
The Moon Mask is a ceremonial mask created by Anju for use as her ceremonial wedding mask, and is one half of the Couple's Mask. It is kept by Anju on a mannequin in her room at the Stock Pot Inn. Combining this mask with the Sun Mask results in the Couple's Mask. As a separate mask, the Moon Mask is not obtainable in the sense that the other masks are.
The Sun Mask was created by Kafei for use as his ceremonial wedding mask, and is one half of the Couple's Mask. The mask is stolen by Sakon and is the reason Link and Kafei visit his hideout. Combining this mask with the Moon Mask results in the Couple's Mask. As a separate mask, the Sun Mask is not obtainable in the sense that the other masks are.
Location and Uses
- Main article: Reuniting Kafei and Anju
The Couple's Mask is obtained in the longest and most difficult sidequest in Majora's Mask. The mask is different from others in Majora's Mask in that it gives the wearer no special ability or attribute. If it is worn in Mayor Dotour's office during a meeting in of any of the three days, the mayor will end the meeting and give Link a Piece of Heart.
- The lines on the mask resemble a side view of two people touching heads and hands.
- The Couple's Mask is one of the few duplicated masks in the game, the others being Romani's Mask (every member of the Milk Bar must have one), the Keaton Mask (every member of the Bombers claim to have one), the Garo's Mask (the two Gorman Brothers each have one), and Kafei's Mask (Anju also has it).
- ↑ "Let us exchange the promised masks. We have exchanged our oaths and have become a couple. You are our witnesses. Please accept this mask." — Kafei and Anju (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "My mom and dad have that!" — Bombers (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "But on the way, my precious mask--a wedding ceremony mask--was stolen from me by some prancing man with a grinning face!" — Kafei (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "The Couple's Mask. What a nice reminder...So, a young couple has been married. [...] Thank you for allowing me to put an end to all that pointless bickering. [...] Here is a token of my gratitude." — Mayor Dotour (Majora's Mask)
|Masks in Majora's Mask|