From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The Stray Fairy is a symbolic representation of a portion of a shattered Great Fairy, with appearances in Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages, and Four Swords. In a region where a Great Fairy lay at the mercy of her Stray Fairies, they will appear individually and often at hard-to-reach heights or inside treasure chests; the collection of all the Stray Fairies in a region will facilitate the resurrection of said Great Fairy, upon returning them to their respective Fairy Fountain.
In Majora's Mask, the five Great Fairies have been split into pieces by Skull Kid (wearing Majora's Mask). Link must gather them up and take them to the shrine to "repair" the Great Fairy, who will aid him in his quest to save Termina.
The first Great Fairy in Termina is found in North Clock Town, and only one Stray Fairy is missing. It is found in the Laundry Pool in the daytime and in East Clock Town at night. When healed, she either gives Link a Magic Meter or a Great Fairy Mask, depending whether he is Deku Link or his normal self.
The other Great Fairy Fountains are in the four cardinal directions, where each Great Fairy is missing fifteen Stray Fairies, which can be found in that area's dungeon. Each time a Great Fairy is healed for the first time, she rewards Link with a helpful item or an upgrade.
The color of the Stray Fairies depend on the Fountain they belong to:
- Clock Town – orange.
- Woodfall Temple – pink.
- Snowhead Temple – green.
- Great Bay Temple – blue/violet.
- Stone Tower Temple – yellow.
Oracle of Ages
In Oracle of Ages, red, blue, and orange friendly but mischievous fairies have the power to jumble up the topography of the Fairies' Woods as they see fit in Labrynna's present. Link must locate the three fairies in a hide-and-seek game to be granted access to the Wing Dungeon. When Link is successful, the fairies straighten out the Woods, allowing him to reach the dungeon.
If the original Oracle of Seasons file is linked to Oracle of Ages, after Link talks to the Stray Fairy in the rubble of the Wing Dungeon, a Magic Ring (the Heart Ring L-1) can be found in a secret room behind the waterfall of the Temple of Seasons.
- Symbols that appear on switches in the Chambers of Insight from Four Swords and the Jabber Nuts from The Minish Cap slightly resemble the head of Stray Fairies.
- ↑ "Young one! Please hear my plea! I have been broken and shattered to pieces by the masked Skull Kid." — Great Fairy (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Scattered about the four temples of this land are Stray Fairies like myself. Please, somehow find the Stray Fairies and return them to their fountains. Surely, they too will add to your strength." — Great Fairy (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "This is our playground! Won't you play hide 'n' seek? If you can't find the three of us, you can't go on! We'll hide, so try to find us!" — Fairies in the Fairies' Woods (Oracle of Ages)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Stray Fairy||Forest Fairy|
|Japanese||はぐれ妖精 (Hagure Yōsei)||森の妖精 (Mori no Yōsei)|
|Spanish||Hada Extraviada||Hada del Bosque|
|French||Fée Perdue||Fée Sylvestre|
|German||Verirrte Fee||Wald Fee|
|Italian||Fata della Foresta|