From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The interior of Stone Tower
|Related place(s)||Stone Tower Temple|
The Tower consists of three merged stone buildings, all of which are slightly reminscent of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. The tower is so large it can be seen from the Mountain Village of Snowhead and even as far as Romani Ranch. It is filled with a large chasm, blocks, and pressure switches. Boulders constantly fall here, making the climb to the top a hazardous one. Guarding the chasm are Fire Keese and several Beamos.
To reach the top, Link must make use of the Elegy of Emptiness taught to him by Igos du Ikana. The melody, which makes replicas of each of Link's forms, is necessary to press the various switches around Stone Tower that make several platforms automatically move around the area, allowing the young hero to further continue his way up the tower. Some of the switches must be pressed in a certain order, however; otherwise, the platforms will not move in the correct order, making it impossible for Link to progress.
Link must also make extensive use of his Hookshot to grab onto the higher areas of Stone Tower that are unreachable even with the moving platforms. Once the young hero scales the chasm and reaches the top, he gains access to the Stone Tower Temple. At the base of the temple, a curious red gem can be found, which, when struck with the Light Arrow, possesses the power to completely flip everything inside the chasm upside down. Curiously, this does not affect the rest of Termina in any way.
- Closer observation to the dungeon map reveals that when the red gem is hit, Stone Tower Temple not only flips upside down, it does, in fact, mirror itself as well.
- Near the entrance to the Stone Tower Temple, there is a near inaccessible ledge that supports three ReDeads which do not move, and give red Rupees when defeated. Twelve Jars that contain fairies and small amounts of magic can also be found here. To reach this ledge, Link can either Hookshot onto the ReDeads or play the Scarecrow's Song in an exact point of the tower.
- By using the Bombchu-hover glitch, one can get to the top of the tower before learning the Elegy of Emptiness, and then hit the Owl Statue at the top for easy access back and forth.
- Some theorists consider Stone Tower to be a reference to The Tower of Babel, a biblical story regarding the sin of pride as man built a tower to the heavens.
- ↑ "But Stone Tower is an impenetrable stronghold. Hundreds of soldiers from my kingdom would not even be able to topple it. It is far too reckless for one to take on such a challenge. ...And so... I grant to you a soldier who has no heart. One who will not falter in the darkness." — Igos du Ikana (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed, Zelda Universe Message Boards
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ロックビル (Rokku Biru)|
|Spanish||Torre de Piedra|
|French||Forteresse de Pierre|