Stock Pot Inn
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Stock Pot Inn|
|Inhabitant(s)||Anju, Anju's Mother, Anju's Grandmother, Gorman Troupe, ???, Link-Goro|
|Item(s)||Piece of Heart, Room Key, Letter to Kafei, Couple's Mask|
|Related place(s)||East Clock Town|
The Stock Pot Inn is the only commercial "rent-a-room" facility in Clock Town, featured in Majora's Mask. It is a small inn located on East Clock Town which is run by Anju and her mother. The inn used to be a cafeteria, but after Anju's father passed away, the room rentals that were part of their service became their main focus. Although the Stock Pot Inn only has two rooms, people from all over Termina go to stay at the inn as the Carnival of Time approaches.
The Stock Pot Inn is open from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m; however, people staying at the inn receive a room key that allows them to go in and out of the building before and after the doors close. While the inn's main door is only open for roughly twelve hours, there is another entrance on the second floor that is unlocked at any given hour.
The building is run by a friendly staff, and Anju is usually the one on the counter ready to serve customers. During the Second and Final Day, depending on the outcome thus far of the Reuniting Kafei and Anju sidequest, Anju's Mother will be the one on the counter instead.
As the Carnival of Time approaches, the Stock Pot Inn is known to get completely booked, usually having to turn people away as a result. During Link's stay in Termina, he can only get a room if he talks to Anju during the afternoon before Link-Goro asks for his reservation at 3:45 PM.
There are two rooms available for rent on the second floor of the Stock Pot Inn, one of which Link is capable of entering only if he has the proper Room Key; the other room, however, can be entered with or without a key. This room houses the members of the Gorman Troupe, and it contains four bunk beds, a table, and four chairs, making it rather crowded. The second room, known as the Knife Chamber, is more spacious, equipped with two beds, a fireplace, and a treasure chest containing 100 Rupees. The third room is for employees only, and it's the first one seen going up the stairs to the second floor. It is otherwise known as Anju's room, and it is where Anju and Kafei reunite on the Final Day.
The restroom, the kitchen, and Anju's Grandmother's room are all located on the first floor of the inn. The kitchen, which is just behind the counter, is a rather ample room where Anju can sometimes be seen cooking, and it is also where Anju hands over the Letter to Kafei to Link during their night meeting. The restroom has no door leading to it, and after midnight, ???'s hand pops out of the toilet asking for paper. Link can also visit Anju's Grandmother and enter her room to listen to her stories to win two Pieces of Heart during the process.
The owners of the Stock Pot Inn are hosts to a large variety of guests, though they can only be found during specific times of the day. Other than Anju and her family, the residents include:
- Guru-Guru - this music enthusiast can be found from 6 AM to 6 PM playing his instrument on the room farthest down the second hallway
- Marilla and Judo Rosa - the Rosa Sisters are seen walking around the inn only from 6 AM to 6 PM.
- Twin Jugglers - the joking brothers are both sitting on the table in the corner room playing cards from 6 PM to 6 AM.
- Gorman - the leader of the Gorman Troupe can be seen on the First and Second Day waiting at the inn lobby, scoffing at anyone who talks to him. If Link cheered him up on the night of the First Day at the Milk Bar, Gorman can be found playing cards with the Twin Jugglers on the room of the second floor.
- ??? - this hand appears out of the toilet after midnight.
- Link-Goro - if Link doesn't mistakenly take his room key, Link-Goro will stay at the Knife Chamber.
- ↑ "Anju, Stock Pot Inn's innkeeper" — Bombers' Notebook (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "We used to be a cafeteria, but after my father died, the room rentals that were part of our service became our main focus." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "We're just a small inn with only 2 rooms, but people from all over come here at this time of year..." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Stock Pot Inn / Check in begins at 8 a.m." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "It is 8:30 p.m. and the Stock Pot Inn will now be locking the door. Thank you for joining us." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Room Key / With this, you can go in and out of the Stock Pot Inn at night." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "It seems the veranda door of the town's Stock Pot Inn has carelessly been left unlocked..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "We're always totally booked right before the carnival. We're sorry we have to turn people away..." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Your room is our "Knife Chamber" on the second floor. Here is your key." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Tonight at 11:30, please come to our kitchen. We'll talk then..." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Pa-Pa-Pa-Paper, please!" — ??? (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Oh, Tortus. Did you finish helping father? Then let mother read you a story." — Anju's Grandmother (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Bah! Bother! Bother! I'm busy!" — Gorman (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Posada del Puchero|
|French||Auberge de Bourg-Clocher|
|German||Gasthof "Zum Eintopf"|