From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Non-canon Appearances||Zelda animated series|
|Family|| King Oberon|
|Voice Actor(s)||Paulina Gillis|
Spryte is a character in The Legend of Zelda cartoon series. A small fairy with a pink dress, she lives in North Castle and is friends with Link and Princess Zelda. In the episode of "Kiss'n Tell", it is revealed that Spryte is the princess of Fairies, with her dad being King Oberon, the fairy king.
Spryte is portrayed as an eccentric, blunt, smart-mouthed fairy who is not afraid to voice her opinions. Working as an assistant to Princess Zelda and King Harkinian, she often helps out with the chores around the castle. Spryte also has an obvious crush on Link, as she is sometimes seen flirting with him and telling him to forget about Zelda so that the young hero will stick with her instead. However, Spryte's attempts are in vain, as Link usually disregards her comments and only thinks of her as a friend. As such, her jealousy causes for her to use her magic to disrupt Link and Zelda whenever the young hero is close to kissing the princess.
Despite her size, Spryte proves to be of invaluable help to Link and Zelda whenever trouble arises. In "Stinging a Stinger", when Link's Crissword gets stolen, Spryte helps the group decipher the Triforce of Wisdom's riddle. Moreover, in "Kiss'n Tell", Spryte helps Link find the Witch of Walls and later kisses the young hero to make him become human again.
Spryte seems to be modeled after the fairies that appear in the original The Legend of Zelda.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Naturally. My father was the king of the fairies, you know. That makes ME a princess!" — Spryte (The Legend of Zelda, Episode Kiss'n Tell )
- ↑ "Are you dense, or what?" — Spryte (The Legend of Zelda, Episode 9 )
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Who cares? She's a snot. You should stick with me." — Spryte (The Legend of Zelda, Episode 1 )
- ↑ "Spryte, where are you? Make this bed, mop the floor, wash the walls, dust, and no sneaking off to see Link." — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda, Episode 2 )
- ↑ "" — King Harkinian (The Legend of Zelda, Episode Fairies in the Spring )
- ↑ "I know. You look cute. Need your back scrubbed?" — Spryte (The Legend of Zelda, Episode The White Knight )
- ↑ "Zelda's a snoot! I like you just the way you are...especially at the moment." — Spryte (The Legend of Zelda, Episode The White Knight )
- ↑ "Darn it, Spryte, I was that close!" — Link (The Legend of Zelda, Episode The Ringer )
- ↑ "Sure. You see, Ganon has more magic than we do right now, we can't fight him with magic. We have to use natural weapons." — Spryte (The Legend of Zelda, Episode Stinging a Stinger )
- ↑ "You know, one thing I don't get is the wall witch told me I had to be kissed by a princess to get cured. But Spryte's kiss did it." — Link (The Legend of Zelda, Episode Kiss'n Tell )