|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
Location and Uses
The Spooky Mask is the third Mask sold, after the Keaton Mask and Skull Mask. In order to progress the trading sequence, the Spooky Mask is sold to Dampé's admiring fan, a young boy, at the Kakariko Graveyard. The boy will mistake the masquerading Link for Dampé. After realizing it was just a Mask, the boy will buy it for 30 Rupees, the same amount that Link paid. After selling the Spooky Mask, Link can return to the Happy Mask Shop and receive the Bunny Hood.
Like all Masks, the Spooky Mask can be worn by Link to receive new messages from people, notably by scaring them. It also possesses the unique side-effect of glowing in the dark at night. If Link talks to the scientist at the Lakeside Laboratory while wearing the Mask, he will tell Link that it was carved from wood taken from a coffin. Dampé, meanwhile, will ask Link if he knows what kind of Mask it is, and why he is still wearing it if he does.
ReDeads have a Mask on their faces that is almost identical to the Spooky Mask.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||こわそなお面 (Kowaso na Otsura)||Spooky Mask|
|SpanishLA||Máscara tenebrosa||Dark Mask|
|FrenchEU||Masque d'Effroi||ReDead Mask|
|FrenchCA||Masque Épeurant||Spooky Mask|
|ChineseSI||恐怖面具 (Kǒngbù Miànjù)||Horrible Mask|
- "You borrowed a Spooky Mask. Wear it with (C) to show it off! You can scare many people with this mask!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "Gyaah! It's Dampé the gravekeeper!" — Boy in Kakariko Graveyard (Ocarina of Time)
- "You sold the 30-Rupee mask to a kid for full price?! And he didn't mind paying at all!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "Hmmm... Let's see... Yes, I'm quite sure of it... That was manufactured from a plank from a coffin. Yes, it was!" — Lake Scientist (Ocarina of Time)
- "Do you know what kind of mask you're wearing...? And you're still wearing it?" — Dampé (Ocarina of Time)
|Ocarina of Time Mask Trading Sequence|
| Keaton Mask > Skull Mask > Spooky Mask > Bunny Hood|
Gerudo Mask - Goron Mask - Zora Mask - Mask of Truth