From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
A map of Spirit Island
|Inhabitant(s)||Servant to the Goddess of Spirits|
|Item(s)||Power Gem, Courage Gem|
The island is hidden in the middle of a triangle of rocks south of Molida Island, which is hinted at by a Gossip Stone on Molida Island. It does not appear on Link's Sea Chart until he sails close enough for Ciela to spot it and mark its location. The island is smaller than most other islands of the World of the Ocean King, and is made up of two sections separated by a channel of water. To the south of the left section is a much smaller piece of land, connected to the main area by a bridge. Right next to the channel of water that separates the two main sections of the island is a treasure chest containing a Courage Gem. The right section of the island cannot be accessed until link obtains the Grappling Hook in the Temple of Ice, and is made up of several stacks of land. If Link successfully navigates the area, defeating the enemies that are present, he will come across a treasure chest containing a Power Gem, which is located on the highest piece of land.
Places of Interest
The island's Dock is located on the smaller island to the south of the left section. Further along this small island is a Mailbox, located just to the left of the bridge. On the other side of this bridge is the main area; a small plain containing grass, rocks, and three Red ChuChus.
The Shrine at Spirit Island
The Shrine at Spirit Island is a cave containing a spring that is home to the Servant to the Goddess of Spirits. Long ago the Servant Spirits came here in search of the power to defeat evil, and used Spirit Gems to gain the power they required. It is located north of the island's main area. Inside, just a few steps from the entrance, is a door, and just beyond it, a small staircase. On either side of the staircase is a stone tablet, the one on the left explaining how many Spirit Gems are required to power up a spirit, and the one on the right explaining how to change which spirit is equipped. At the top of the staircase is a path lined with torches that leads to the spring.
When Link first arrives at the spring, the Servant to the Goddess of Spirits will explain that it has been waiting for his arrival, before explaining that the Servant Spirits have not yet recovered their full strength. In order to restore their power, Link must collect the Spirit Gems that are scattered around the world and bring them to the spring. Upon presenting 10 of the same Spirit Gem, the corresponding spirit's powers will be advanced. Leaf, the Spirit of Power, will cause Link's sword to burn with flames and enhance its strength. Neri, the Spirit of Wisdom, will halve the amount of damage taken and enhance the shield to stun some enemies. Ciela, the Spirit of Courage, enhances the sword, allowing it to shoot sword beams with every slash. Upon presenting 20 gems, the spirits will fully realize their power, causing their abilities to become more effective.
- When viewed on the Sea Chart, this island and the surrounding three rocks resemble the symbol on the Shadow Medallion from Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "The Shrine at Spirit Island. The servant spirits came here long ago in search of the power to defeat evil. The three spirits used Spirit Gems to gain the power they required." — N/A (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "There is a tiny isle in the middle of the three boulders south of this isle." — Gossip Stone (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "Look there! That island isn't marked on our charts, Link! And it looks like we can dock there! There! I've just added the isle to your chart!" — Ciela (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "I am the servant to the goddess of spirits that dwells in this spring... I have been awaiting your arrival..." — Servant to the Goddess of Spirits (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "The spirits that travel with you have not recovered their true strength. To restore their power, you must find Spirit Gems scattered around the world. Then you must bring them here." — Servant to the Goddess of Spirits (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "Ten Spirit Gems will give great power to a spirit." — N/A (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "The Spirit of Power has been powered up! Your sword now burns with flames!" — N/A (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "The Spirit of Wisdom has been powered up! Wisdom now protects you. Your shield's defense is much greater!" — N/A (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "The Spirit of Courage has been powered up! Your sword now hurls shock waves!" — N/A (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "Twenty Spirit Gems are required for a spirit to fully realize its power." — N/A (Phantom Hourglass)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Isla de los Espíritus||Island of the Spirits|
|French||Ile des Esprits|
|Regions in Phantom Hourglass|
Click on an area