From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Use(s)||It is a stronger attack to use on the Loftwing, used to defeat enemies.|
After Link seals The Imprisoned for the second time, Zelda tells the young hero that he must obtain the Triforce in order to defeat Demise. To find information on the whereabouts of the Triforce, Link must talk to Gaepora who tells Link that the only person in The Sky who would know about the Triforce is Levias and refers him to Instructor Owlan, who was tasked with investigating the mysterious appearance of the Thunderhead. Owlan tells Link that Levias has been possessed and it is too dangerous for him to head within the Thunderhead and offers to teach him the Spiral Charge. However, Owlan warns the young hero that the move is dangerous to perform and is usually reserved for senior Knight Academy students and that he must test the young hero first.
To learn the Spiral Charge, Link must pass Owlan's test and break 10 targets in under 120 seconds with his Loftwing. If the young hero completes this, Owlan will recognize him as a skilled pilot and tell him that Pumm knows how to find Levias.
Once Link finds Levias with the help of Pumm, Levias will fly around the inside of Thunderhead. To free Levias from his possession, Link must use the Spiral Charge to remove the parasites that have infested him.
Link can also use the Spiral Charge move to destroy rocks on two islands, uncovering treasure chests. Each treasure chest contains a silver rupee, valued at 100 rupees. The two islands can be found east of Fun Fun Island and south-west of Pumpkin Landing
- ↑ "Do I know anyone else who might know more about the Triforce? Within Skyloft? No, I doubt anyone else in town would know much about a subject as ancient and archaic as that..." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "Though, there is one whose vast knowledge may be of use... Surely you're familiar with Levias, the great sky spirit who has guarded our realm for ages? [...] If anyone in the entirety of Skyloft and beyond were to know about the Triforce, it would be him." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "I imagine in your travels you've taken notice of the tremendous thunderhead that suddenly appeared in our skies. Recently, I've heard rumors suggesting that Levias is trapped inside that massive cloud. I asked Instructor Owlan to look into this troubling cloud in order to determine if there is any truth to these rumors. I had meant to inquire about his findings earlier but completely forgot about it after Zelda went missing. Instructor Owlan can fill me in on the details later, so why don't you go speak with him yourself and see what his investigation has revealed?" — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "What? You want to talk to Levias? That's...impossible. I don't think Levias is capable of listening. Not in his current state, no. And...even if you were to get close enough to talk to him, it will likely end with you getting brushed aside and sent flying to your death in a sea of clouds. [...] What? You're still planning on going? [...] I understand... I get the feeling nothing I could say would talk you out of it. Hey! I have an idea. Come with me!" — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "Levias is inside the thunderhead. He's been acting so strangely... Like something has possessed him. If we can somehow free him from whatever it is that has a hold over him, then there's a chance he will return to his senses. Listen well, [Link], because I'm about to teach you a very powerful bird-riding technique. It's called the Spiral Charge!" — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "However, the acceleration effect lasts longer than any attack move you've used so far. Maintaining stable flight can be tricky. This is a technique that only senior Knight Academy students who have mastered high-level flight skills are allowed to perform. It's still a bit too early for you, but... This is an extraordinary circumstance, so I'll make an exception this time. However, I will test you." — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "Listen up, [Link]! I taught your Loftwing to perform a Spiral Charge when you press [A]. Press [A] to Spiral Charge and break the 10 targets placed around the floating boulders up ahead. If you can destroy 10 targets in under 120 seconds, I will recognize you as a skilled bird rider." — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "The next thing we have to address is just how to go about finding Levias. Maybe the owner of the Lumpy Pumpkin might know something. Every year he makes an offering of his pumpkin soup for Levias. Go to the Lumpy Pumpkin and ask him what he knows!" — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
|Names in Other Regions|