Song of Healing
|Song of Healing|
The Happy Mask Salesman teaching Link the "Song of Healing" in Majora's Mask
|Game(s)|| Majora's Mask|
|Instrument(s)|| Majora's Mask:|
Ocarina of Time
Wolf Link's Howl
|Note(s)|| Majora's Mask:|
|Power(s)|| Majora's Mask:|
Heals broken souls and turns them into masks
Calls the Golden Wolf to learn the Shield Attack
Completely heals Link once per dungeon
|Learned in|| Majora's Mask:|
Appearances, Learning Locations and Uses
In Majora's Mask, the "Song of Healing" is taught to Link by the Happy Mask Salesman after Link, cursed into the form of a Deku Scrub, retrieves the stolen Ocarina of Time from Skull Kid. The powerful notes of the song heal Link's soul, and the young hero returns to his Hylian form. A mask materializes and is kept as a memento of his time as a Deku. Link utilizes the song many times thereafter, as it has the mystical capability of healing a broken soul and giving peace to those who cannot forget.
Frequently, using the "Song of Healing" on tormented individuals yields a mask. The proud Goron warrior Darmani and the brave Zora guitarist Mikau each grant Link the use of their mortal bodies through transformation masks in return for his promise to aid their people. The spirits, finally at ease, depart to the afterlife as Link watches over their graves. The "Song of Healing" is also used to heal Kamaro, a dancer's ghost outside of Clock Town, and the researcher in Ikana Valley.
A song under the same name makes an appearance in Spirit Tracks, learned at the entrance to the Forest Temple. If it is not learnt there, there are other opportunities at the entrances to some, but not all of the other temples. However, the song itself sounds and functions entirely different. Playing it with the Spirit Flute while in a dungeon causes the Spirit of Healing to come and heal Link completely, but it can only be used once per dungeon.
- In Majora's Mask, playing the "Song of Healing" for Sharp will have him remark that, while the song has sounds somewhat soothing, a song like that has no longer effect on someone like him.
- Also in Majora's Mask, if the Song of Healing is played before speaking to the Poe Collector in the Spirit House, he will lower the price from 30 to 10 Rupees, while commenting that not all spirits can be healed by that song.
- If Link cuts up a wooden sign in Majora's Mask, the "Song of Healing" can be played to repair it.
- The notes in the "Song of Healing" of Majora's Mask are the same as Saria's Song, except they are reversed.
- Oddly, when Link plays the song in the European version of Spirit Tracks, it says that he played the Song of Recovery.
- "You got the Deku Mask to keep as a memento!" — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "This is a melody that heals evil magic and troubled spirits, turning them into masks." — Happy Mask Salesman (Majora's Mask)
- "The Spirit of Healing can't help you more than once..." — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "You got the Song of Healing! Play it in a dungeon to restore your hearts one time." — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "Hmm? Somehow, my heart is eased. This melody has a serenity to it... And yet... To one of the dead and darkness, like myself, a song like that no longer holds meaning for me." — Sharp (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||いやしの歌 (Iyashi no Uta)||Healing Song|
|Spanish||Canción de Curación||Song of Healing|
|Canción de curación||Song of healing|
|French||Chant de l'Apaisement , Chant de la guérison||Song of Appeasement, Song of Healing|
|German||Lied der Befreiung ,Rettungslied|