|SECRET POWER IS SAID TO BE IN THE ARROW.|
|— Old Man|
|Game(s)|| Legend of Zelda|
A Link to the Past
Ancient Stone Tablets
|Other media||The Legend of Zelda comic|
|Comparable Item(s)||Light Arrow|
The Silver Arrow is a special upgrade to the bow and arrow used to defeat Ganon. They are the only weapon that is capable of defeating Ganon, who will recover from any wound if not pierced by a Silver Arrow. These arrows have appeared in both the first The Legend of Zelda and A Link to the Past. In later games of the series, the Light Arrows perform a similar role, although they function differently in that they merely stun Ganon. The Master Sword is often used to deal the final blow instead, but aside from one occassion in the Oracle Series where Ganon was not fully revived, the Silver Arrows are the only weapon shown to completely destroy his demonic beast form.
The Legend of Zelda
In The Legend of Zelda, the Silver Arrows are found in Death Mountain Labyrinth, the final dungeon. After hitting Ganon with his sword, Link must use the Silver Arrow to finish him off. Besides being able to defeat Ganon, these arrows deal double damage to every other monster in comparison to regular arrows.
A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, Silver Arrows are given to Link by the Fat Fairy inside the Pyramid of Power, once the way has been opened with a Super Bomb. These are more powerful versions of the typical arrows Link obtains, and are in most cases, the strongest weapon there is. When used as weapons in the field, they can kill most enemies in a single shot, including some bosses. Keeping in tradition with past games, the Silver Arrows are used to kill Ganon, although it takes four shots to finally defeat him.
Ancient Stone Tablets
|Ambiguously Canon Content||hide|
- The Silver Arrows' function as Ganon's only weakness is similar to more modern werewolf legends, in which a silver bullet is the only weapon that can kill a werewolf. This may be because silver was considered a holy element in many cultures.
- So far, the Silver Arrow has only been shown to exist in the Downfall Timeline, in which the Hero of Time lost to Ganon. In the other timelines, Silver Arrows are replaced by Light Arrows. The reason for this is unclear, although the most likely explanation is simply that the games in the Downfall Timeline were made before the 3D games, and the Silver Arrows were thus conceived before Light Arrows were.
- "You are an honest person. I like you. I will give you something important... These are the Silver Arrows. To give Ganon his last moment, you definitely need them! I know I don't quite have the figure of a faerie. Ganon's cruel power is to blame! You must defeat Ganon!" — Fat Fairy (A Link to the Past)
- "Relax, Impa... It's not as bad as all that. If ALL three Triforces are gone, then the evil wizard Gannon is bereft of the Triforce of Power. He will not attack us without it. Look upon today as a rare day of...PEACE." (The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics), pg. 1)
- "What's that? A cry for help! Surely you cannot ignore some innocent in danger!" (The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics), pg. 7)
- "Curse you, Ganon! This isn't over yet!" (The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics), pg. 7)
- "A Silver Arrow...of course! I remember!" (The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics), pg. 4)
- "Find a Silver Arrow. If your heart is true, the Triforce will help you use it to destroy Ganon." (The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics), pg. 4)
- "Ganon, the only thing you're going to get is Justice!" (The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics), pg. 9)
- "Bah! I will choose my OWN time to deal with you! The game is not yet over!" (The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics), pg. 10)
- "It is written in the Book of Mudora: 'He who corrupts the land of gold shall fall to the shaft of the enchanted arrow of silver...' My family has always excelled in archery, and it is my destiny to destroy Ganon! I have not yet obtained the enchanted arrow, but..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 4)
- "Admit it, Link. It seems to support the Book of Mudora's prophecy that only the enchanted arrow can defeat the one who corrupted this world. You are stubborn and foolish... I will defeat Ganon!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 6)
- "It was the enchanted arrow..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 6)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||銀の矢 (Gin no Ya)|