|Title(s)||The Dark Sorceress|
|Voice Actor(s)||Minako Kotobuki|
|Counterpart(s)||Lana (good half)|
Cia is a major antagonist and villain in Hyrule Warriors. In the version 1.3.0 update, she is also a playable Warrior.
Cia is a powerful sorceress who was originally tasked with maintaining the balance of the Triforce. As an observer of the Triforce, her magic allowed her to witness eras of distant ages and the fates of all those who lived, but would never interfere. Although a good person at heart, she came to harbor serious affections for Link which in turn became deep-seated jealousy directed towards Princess Zelda.
Preoccupied by these thoughts, Cia was left vulnerable as she was confronted by a spiritual fragment of darkness, Ganondorf, who saw an opportunity in using her. The darkness's words managed to persuade her, ultimately corrupting Cia as her light was pushed away and turning her curiosity into a strong desire for the hero of legend. The light was split into its own personality, Lana, who became the virtuous side while Cia became the corrupt side. Desiring not just Link but also the world itself, Cia then turned to waging a war onto the kingdom of Hyrule by opening the Gate of Souls. Using the Gate, she summoned monsters from other eras to follow her command as the Dark Forces. Alongside them, her companions Volga and Wizzro joined her as well. Although not explicitly stated, Cia had also managed to acquire the Triforce of Power. Ganondorf however only intended to use Cia as a puppet, directing her to acquire the full Triforce and to free his remaining scattered fragments to resurrect him.
Link, Impa, Sheik and Lana later encounter Cia at the Valley of Seers, and the sorceress manages to steal the Triforce of Courage and the Triforce of Wisdom from Link and Sheik. With the full Triforce in her possession, Cia uses the Gate of Souls to merge regions of Hyrule from distant eras into the present Hyrule. Thus allowing three of Ganondorf's fragments to be released from their hold and to return to Cia, leaving only but one fragment remaining, sealed by the Master Sword. The Hyrulean Forces then resolve and split up to close the three newly opened Gates of Souls to bring Hyrule back to normal. At some point Cia also curses Midna, possibly after the merge, turning her into an imp.
While Lana and Midna are about to close the Gate of Souls at the Palace of Twilight, Cia approaches them and mocks Midna's new look. The insult enrages Midna who hits Cia back, knocking her mask off and revealing her face as identical to Lana's. An angry Cia then teleports from the palace, leaving Midna confused and Lana to explain their story. Cia then later emerges into present Hyrule, where she is again confronted by Ganondorf, who although does not have full power, has enough to manifest his body's form. Ganondorf breaks their alliance and attempts to take the Triforce from Cia, but she resists him, claiming the Triforce as her own, and repels him back. Returning the Triforce of Courage and the Triforce of Wisdom to their respective owners so that Ganondorf may not have them, Cia then uses the Triforce of Power to send Ganondorf away, and swears to reclaim the full Triforce as well as Link's affection.
After obtaining the Master Sword to defeat Cia and her forces with, the Hyrulean Forces then travel to the Temple of Souls, a palace devoted to the hero of legend with numerous portraits of Link and statues of his incarnations from other eras, where Cia waits for Link's arrival. The string of victories, as well as the acquisition of the Master Sword, however has left Link over confident in his abilities, which Cia takes advantage of and uses to summon Dark Links to fight him. At this point, Ganondorf arrives to take the Triforce pieces from their owners. Link quickly gets overwhelmed as more Dark Links spawn, however his allies then arrive to defend for him and bring the Dark Links to a defeat. Ganondorf is also shortly defeated, and the Hyrulean Forces rush to the Valley of Seers for the final fight against Cia.
Although while Cia's army still controlled much of Hyrule, the repeated losses left Cia at a disadvantage and forced her to take desperate action. Cia used her own life energy to power her army, at the cost of her own. She over exerts her magic to strengthen her powers, despite Lana's pleads not to. In the final battle, she faces against Link, and creates several doubles of herself to fight alongside her. Link however manages to overcome them and defeats Cia in battle, leaving her weak as Lana kneels down to her side. Coming to terms with her defeat, Cia admits that neither one of them will get Link's affection, though Lana replies that she accepts this fate. Cia then smiles as she fades away into nothingness, and relinquishing her Triforce of Power to Lana. Although saddened by the loss, Lana proceeds to return everything back to as they were, as well as closing off the Valley of Seers' Gate of Souls. The group then leaves on their separate ways and return to a period of peace, albeit only short lived when Ganondorf's final fragment is freed by the earlier removal of the Master Sword.
Cia - Scepter (DLC)
- "Deep in the forests, far from mortal eyes, a great sorceress watched over the balance of the Triforce." — Narrator (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Through her magic, she could see across ages, able to read the fates of all who lived, but never interfering." — Narrator (Hyrule Warriors)
- "That is, until a unique soul caught her attention... The soul of the Hero of Legend, eternally reborn when Hyrule's need is greatest." — Narrator (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Through her powers, the sorceress should have seen that the hero was bound to another. Instead she saw only a soul that was unlike any she had known." — Narrator (Hyrule Warriors)
- "And while the sorceress was preoccupied, a fragment of darkness, locked in its prison, saw an opportunity." — Narrator (Hyrule Warriors)
- "The whispering darkness wormed its way into her heart. It pushed the light away and warped her curiosity into a desperate desire to possess the legendary hero's soul." — Narrator (Hyrule Warriors)
- "I am Cia's... other half. She and I were once the same person." — Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Something took hold of Cia and forced the light from her heart. I'm that light. I'm what was driven out of her." — Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Having pushed the light from her heart, the darkness compelled her to open the Gate of Souls, the doorway of time itself." — Narrator (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Monsters from across the ages poured through the gate, bringing ruin to the land of Hyrule once more." — Narrator (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Of course, this evil had its own desires... To use the Triforce to resurrect itself and conquer Hyrule once again." — Narrator (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Three fragments of my spirit have been returned..." — Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors)
- "The only piece that remains is the one trapped by the Master Sword..." — Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors)
- "She's the one! I'm cursed to look like this because of HER!" — Midna (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Lana, her face... It looks just like yours..." — Midna (Hyrule Warriors)
- "My power may not be whole, but my body is returned." — Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors)
- "This body lacks its full potential... But that will change... Once I wrest the Triforce from you and conquer all!" — Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors)
- "The Triforce... SHALL BE MINE!" — Cia (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Courage and Wisdom have been returned to their owners..." — Cia (Hyrule Warriors)
- "I WILL reclaim the Triforce. It shall be mine alone!" — Cia (Hyrule Warriors)
- "As will the hero..." — Cia (Hyrule Warriors)
- "This darkness nurtured within you... shall be your undoing!" — Cia (Hyrule Warriors)
- "The Hyrulean army was rallying its strength, but Cia's forces still controlled much of their homeland." — Narrator (Hyrule Warriors)
- "She found new ways to fortify her troops using her own life force. The cost to herself was irrelevant, so long as she crushed her enemies." — Narrator (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Cia! Stop! Your spirit can't take much more of this!" — Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
- "We've seen how this ends... and we both know he doesn't choose you." — Cia (Hyrule Warriors)
- "You don't always get the person you think you deserve... and I can live with that." — Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||黒の魔女 シア (Kuro no Majo Shia)||Black Witch Shia|