From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Use(s)||The lock in the Sealed Grounds which seals The Imprisoned in its prison|
|Comparable Object(s)||Goddess Sword|
The Sealing Spike, otherwise called the White Stone,  is a sacred lock, with the purpose of maintaining the seal on the The Imprisoned in Skyward Sword. It is located in the Sealed Grounds. It is presumably destroyed with Demise when Link wishes for the destruction of the Demon King in the present, causing the Isle of the Goddess to fall from the sky and land in The Imprisoned's pit, destroying the monster.
The Sealing Spike was constructed by Hylia, to serve as a lock on The Imprisoned. At the same time, the Temple of Hylia was built in order for its sole inhabitant, Impa, to keep watch over the Sealing Spike, making sure that the seal on the Demon King would not break, freeing the monster inside. Centuries later, in order to keep the seal intact, Hylia, as her mortal reincarnation of Zelda, puts herself into a suspended animation.
The Sealing Spike not only serves as the seal on Demise, but also as The Imprisoned's vulnerable point whenever it breaks free from its prison. The Sealing Spike, which is impaled in the monster's head, can be accessed either by destroying its toes and knocking the creature down, or by using the Groosenator to launch Link directly onto the beast's head. Once he has access to the Sealing Spike, Link hammers it back into The Imprisoned's skull by smashing it with his sword. After The Imprisoned is defeated, Link must use a Skyward Strike on the Sealing Spike to restore the seal on Demise.
- In the game files of Skyward Sword and in Hyrule Historia, this object is solely referred to as the White Stone, however, no mention of the name occurs in-game. Instead, it is simply called a "sealing spike". In addition, there is a file named "Black Stone" consisting of an unused model similar to the Sealing Spike. Given its name and its appearance, it may have been intended to be a counterpart of the Sealing Spike (or White Stone).
- Demise's forehead is marked with a noticeable scar, suggesting where the Sealing Spike impaled him.
- The symbols on the three sides of the Sealing Spike are the Marks of the Goddesses.
- ↑ "The seal's strength will not last. Sooner or later the great beast shall break its shackles once more. Fortunately, I hear Groose has been hard at work preparing something for its next assault. Link, you must move fast. You must imbue your sword with the power of the three sacred flames." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "No... I fear the seal has given way once again. That terrible beast is awakening even as we speak. It is likely that the monster reacted to the sacred power given off by your sword. I wish it had not happened, but there was no other way to open the gate. So it goes... Link, you must imprison the beast once again." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "I knew it. The seal has given way. I'll explain later, but now is the time for action. We must keep that beast from escaping that pit! It must not reach the temple!" — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Now, Link! Strike the sealing spike with a Skyward Strike, and restore the seal! Quickly!" — Impa (Skyward Sword)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||封印の石柱 (Fūin no Sekichū)||Stone Pillar of Sealing|
|Spanish||Sello de piedra|
|French||Pilier de pierre|