|First appearance||Ocarina of Time|
|Latest appearance||Majora's Mask|
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Sakon plays a significantly minor role. He can be seen running around the Hyrule Castle Market looking very suspicious, so it could be assumed that he is either buying things or stealing from the stalls. If Link talks to him is only line is "I'm late... I'm late for a very important date!", a reference to the White Rabbit from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. In the ending credits, he can be seen dancing around joining in with the party.
In Majora's Mask, Sakon is a nasty and cunning thief, a much more virulent character than his Ocarina of Time counterpart. He is a very sly and suspicious character, although he always tries to act cool, he cannot suppress his suspicious nature. His hideout, Sakon's Hideout, is situated in Ikana Canyon with a huge boulder placed in front of it and can only by opened by Sakon himself. He can be seen in North Clock Town in the first night trying to steal a Bomb Bag from the old lady of the Bomb Shop in West Clock Town. Link can retrieve the bag by striking Sakon with his sword, which will guarantee the Blast Mask for Link from the Old Lady. He steals the Sun Mask from Kafei and is later followed by him into his hideout to recover the mask and keep the promise he made to Anju. Sakon can also be seen in the lower valley in Ikana Canyon running in circles. There he will try to supposedly steal Link's sword asking "Can I see it?" but thanks to Tatl he ends up giving Link some useful tips. It is unknown where he is after Majora's Mask is defeated.
There is evidence that he is also part of the Curiosity Shop. He can sometimes be seen outside the Curiosity Shop at night, where talks about how the Curiosity Shop Guy is unfair, and that he "just wants his fair share." If Link allows him to rob the old Bomb Shop Lady, the Big Bomb Bag will be sold at the Curiosity Shop the next day, and the shop's owner mentions that it belongs to the Bomb Shop.
- Sakon is the only non-playable character that can be killed in a Zelda game, as he can be eliminated by detonating the Bomb Bag he steals with an Arrow, the Hookshot or another Bomb. However, Link won't be able to retrieve the Blast Mask this way.
- "Apparently, his name is Sakon." — Kafei (Majora's Mask)
- "Huff huff! I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!" — Sakon (Ocarina of Time)
- "Sakon's Hideout. Protected by impenetrable security!" — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Only Sakon can open it. The only way in is to wait for Sakon to arrive." — Kafei (Majora's Mask)
- "Stop! Thief!!! Give the old lady her luggage back!!!" — Old Lady from Bomb Shop (Majora's Mask)
- "Did I mention that is one niiiiice sword? Can I see it for a second?" — Sakon (Majora's Mask)
- "This Curiosity Shop guy's takin' advantage of me...I just want my fair share..." — Sakon (Majora's Mask)
- "Tonight's special bargain was just stolen. It just came in seconds ago. This is really hot! I kid you not! Actually, it's somethin' sold over at the Bomb Shop, but a thief sold it to me..." — Man from Curiosity Shop (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|