From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Game(s)||A Link to the Past|
|Non-canon Appearances||A Link to the Past comic|
|Family|| Ancient Sage (ancestor)|
Sahasrahla was forced into hiding because of the growing threats of Agahnim, as he is said to be a descendant of one of the original Seven Wise Men (the Sages) that Agahnim is looking for. Fortunately, his grandson, who is still in the village, knows that Sahasrahla is hiding near the Eastern Palace. Link must seek him in order to acquire more information and advance in his quest.
He gives Link the assignment of collecting the three Pendants of Virtue and retrieving the Master Sword from the Lost Woods. After Link has collected the first Pendant, Sahasrahla gives him the Pegasus Boots. Throughout Link's quest, Sahasrahla will use his telepathic abilities to give Link advice when he touches a Telepathy Tile.
After Ganon has been defeated, Sahasrahla returns to his home in Kakariko Village.
- Like Telepathic Tiles, Telephone Boxes in Link's Awakening are communication devices used to speak with an Old Man, named Ulrira, who gives his advice to Link.
- It is possible the Sahasrahla is named after the seventh chakra of Hinduism, Sahasrara.
- ↑ "Let me see that! After Sahasrahla gave me the Pendant of Courage, he told me the Pendant of Power was in a desert ruin!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 7)
- ↑ "This marks the location of Sahasrahla the Elder's house... He is a descendant of one of the Seven Wise Men who sealed the Golden Land so long ago. I am certain he can tell you more of the Master Sword." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 4)
- ↑ "Well, young man, when the maidens began to disappear, the rumors began to fly. When Sahasrahla heard that the wizard might be responsible, he said, 'so it has begun...' and disappeared himself! [...] I'm sorry, but you know wise men like him... They often wander off without notice, in search of enlightenment. If you ask in the village, someone may know where he is... If I may ask, why are you looking for him?" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 5)
- ↑ "Yes... I am INDEED Sahasrahla! But you... You are just a BOY... I cannot believe a youngster like you is looking for the Master Sword! Not just anyone can use that mighty blade!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 12,13)
- ↑ "The symbols are the legendary Pendants of Virtue. I can help you with the Pendant of Courage...but finding the remaining two pendants is not a quest to be taken lightly... Do you really believe you can accomplish this task, young man?" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 13)
- ↑ "Link! Your priority should be finding the next pendant... Go to the Tower of Hera atop Death Mountain...." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 4)
- ↑ "You penetrated the gate to the Dark World... That wicked realm has the power to change your body to reflect your heart. The emotions now in your heart are negative and evil! You nearly became a beast! [...] Yes, Link, but you can never win with hatred alone... Even if you were victorious, darkness would consume you!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 7)
- ↑ "Link, do not put all your trust in the Master Sword! Even its mighty magic cannot harm Agahnim's body!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 10)
- ↑ "Link, listen! According to my calculations, the location of the pyramid in the Dark World corresponds to that of Hyrule Castle in the light world! The Palace of Darkness, which you destroyed, must somehow be connected to Hyrule's Eastern Palace! That explains the sudden earthquake... This event leads me to believe that the Dark World is like a warped reflection of our Light World, and that the two worlds are somehow connected!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 8)
|Names in Other Regions|