Sacred Forest Meadow
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Sacred Forest Meadow|
|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
|Item(s)|| Saria's Song|
Minuet of Forest
|Related place(s)|| Lost Woods|
The Sacred Forest Meadow is a location from Ocarina of Time.
The most sacred area of the Lost Woods, the Sacred Forest Meadow is divided into two areas: a maze-like area in the south and the Forest Temple's entrance to the north. It may be found in the northern region of the Lost Woods; however, its entrance is blocked by a large gate that can only be opened by defeating a Wolfos which appears before it. According to Saria, anyone can speak to the spirits of the forest just by playing the ocarina in the meadow.
Just as the rest of the woods are shrouded in mystery, so is the Forest Meadow. Few people know the way to the meadow by heart. Nonetheless, it is Saria's favorite haunt, and she will go to the meadow to have some alone time. During such a time, someone familiar with the tune Saria plays may find it easier to find the meadow and their way through by following the sound of her ocarina.
When Link first enters the meadow as a child, it is infested with a high population of Mad Scrubs. Here, he visits Saria, who is sitting in a tree stump right below the entrance to the Forest Temple. She confesses to Link that she feels the Sacred Forest Meadow will be an important place for the two of them some time in the future, and goes on to teach Link "Saria's Song".
After becoming an adult by pulling the Master Sword from its pedestal, Link returns to the Sacred Forest Meadow in order to enter the Forest Temple and awaken Saria as the Sage of Forest. However, some time during the seven years that Link was asleep, the Mad Scrubs were flushed out, instead being replaced by Moblins, giant sentinels of Ganondorf's army. At the end of the maze is a Great Moblin blocking the narrow path that connects the labyrinth with the Sacred Meadow, which Link easily defeats and thus access the outside of the Forest Temple's entrance. Unfortunately, he discovers that Saria is nowhere to be found. Instead, Sheik shows up and teaches the young hero the "Minuet of Forest" to allow Link to transport back to the meadow any time he wants by playing the Ocarina of Time.
- There are two caverns known to lie beneath the maze area of the meadow. One happens to be a Fairy Fountain; the other one is an unusual looking cavern that is home of two Wolfos. Defeating them with reveal a small chest with a Purple Rupee.
- This is the only area in which Link encounters Moblins in Ocarina of Time.
The entrance of the Forest Temple
- ↑ "If you play the Ocarina here, you can talk with the spirits in the forest." — Saria (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "I've been waiting for you, Link! This is the Sacred Forest Meadow. It's my secret place!" — Saria (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "I feel... This place will be very important for both of us someday. That's what I feel." — Saria (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "One Sage is waiting for the time of awakening in the Forest Temple. The Sage is a girl I am sure you know... Because of the evil power in the temple, she cannot hear the awakening call from the Sacred Realm..." — Sheik (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||森の聖域 (Mori no Seiiki)||Sanctuary of the Forest|
|Spanish||Pradera Sagrada del Bosque||Sacred Forest Meadow|
|French||Bosquet Sacré||Sacred Grove|
|Clairière sacrée de la forêt||Sacred glade of the forest|
|Regions in Ocarina of Time|
Click on a location