From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Family|| Prince Ralis (son)
King Zora (husband)
During the events of Twilight Princess, Shadow Beasts raid the Zora village, forcing the Queen to quickly send her son to Hyrule Castle to inform Princess Zelda of what had occurred. However, before Prince Ralis could come back, the dark ones executed Queen Rutela in front of the other Zoras as a message to anyone who would dare oppose the commands of Zant, the Twilight King.
She makes her first appearance in the game soon after Link and Midna unfreeze Zora's Domain. Just as they are departing from the throne room, Queen Rutela stops them on their way and thanks them for saving her village and her people. She informs them the tale of her unfortunate fate and mentions that she senses Prince Ralis's presence growing fainter over time. Although she would gladly give her life for his, she can no longer risk anything for his stead, and asks the young hero to save Prince Ralis in return for the protection of water.
Once Link takes Prince Ralis to Kakariko Village, Queen Rutela appears to him once again as a ghost just outside of Renado's house. She beckons him to follow her to a hidden grave just behind the Kakariko Village Graveyard, where she thanks him for saving her son in his time of need. It is in that grave that King Zora lies in his eternal sleep, and within it also contains the Zora Tunic. As she had already promised Link, she bestows the tunic upon the young hero, which he needs in order to enter the Lakebed Temple.
As a last message, Queen Rutela says she will now be able to join the king in his slumber and asks of Link to tell her son that she loves him. She also says that Prince Ralis should not grieve his mother's death, for she wants him to be brave and live as the king of the Zoras.
Later, Prince Ralis mentions to Link that Queen Rutela appeared to him in a dream and explained who Link was and what he looked like.
During the ending credits, Queen Rutela is seen watching over her son in Zora's Domain.
- Her name is similar to that of Princess Ruto from Ocarina of Time.
- Her necklace resembles the Zora's Sapphire.
- Her haunting theme is a remix of the Serenade of Water, a song from Ocarina of Time.
- While her appearance gives off the vibe of a royal trailing cloth, Hyrule Historia refers to her lower body as her "legs". Like Princess Ruto and most other Zoras, she is not wearing clothes, despite her fins giving the appearance of a dress.
- ↑ "In life, I was the elder of this Zora village and the queen of my people. I was called Rutela." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "When the dark ones descended upon our village, I sent my young one, Ralis, to Hyrule Castle to inform Princess Zelda of our fate." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "The dark ones... They raided this village and, as a message to my people, executed me before them." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Wait! Please, you must allow me to thank you for revitalizing both my people and this spring, which is the water source for all the lands of Hyrule." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "But...I fear danger followed him from this doomed place. I feel it. His presence grows fainter to me over time..." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "But my time in this world has passed, and though I would give it gladly, I no longer have a life to risk in his rescue." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Please... Would you save my dearest, Prince Ralis? If you do this thing, I will bestow upon you the protection of water. This power will grant you the ability to swim and respire in very deep water as if you were a Zora." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "I am deeply grateful to you for aiding my son in his time of need." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "My husband in life, King Zora, also rests his spirit here." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "...That which I have promised you is within this grave." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Now, at last, I can join the king in slumber." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "If you see him again, please pass on this message... Tell him he must not grieve his mother's passing. Tell him she wanted him to be brave and live on as the king of our people. And... Tell him his mother...loves him without end. Tell him... Please tell my son when he wakes..." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "My mother came to me in a dream... She showed me your image. She spoke of a youth who would save our domain and steer my fate. One named Link." — Prince Ralis (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|