From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Title(s)||Queen of Labrynna|
|First appearance||Oracle of Ages|
|Latest appearance||Oracle of Seasons (in a Linked Game)|
Queen Ambi appears in Oracle of Ages and the Oracle of Seasons main-Linked Game. She is the queen of Labrynna in a time long past, lover of the Captain and ancestor of Ralph. She has displayed on at least one occasion to have a certain vanity to her character, though she later sees the error of her ways and returns to her more well-known persona of being a kind and just ruler.
Back when Lynna City was merely a village, Ambi was the ruling Queen. She was known by her subjects as a fair and just ruler, until the day Veran, in the guise of Nayru, appeared with her sinister plan.
The Fall of the Queen
The very same day in which Veran arrived, she seduced Queen Ambi, convincing her that if she built her tower, then known as Ambi's Tower, to the heavens, she would go down in history as the greatest queen ever. Falling for Veran's persuading lies, Ambi decreed every man in Lynna Village was to go to work and build her tower, with the secret help of the endless day Veran could create, using the powers of Nayru. Knowing her control over Queen Ambi, Veran had Ambi send those closest to her away, so that there was no chance of a power loss.
As Veran learnt of the Mystery Seeds which grew in the past, she used her influence to convince Ambi to offer a reward to the person who brought her the seeds. Ambi did so, and it wasn't long before Link himself brought the Mystery Seeds to Queen Ambi. This meeting would be the only one that she and Link would have, before Link's rescue of Nayru. Rewarding Link with Bombs, Queen Ambi almost immediately sent Link away again.
Possession of Queen Ambi
It was only later, when Ambi left the palace for unspecified reasons (presumably to inspect the construction of the Black Tower), that Link would attempt to rescue Nayru. By the time Ambi returned, Nayru had recently been freed. Curiously, the dialogue which Queen Ambi says suggests that she may have known or suspected all along that Veran possessed Nayru. However, Veran was far from defeated, and immediately possessed the body of Queen Ambi. After failing to capture Nayru, Link and Ralph, Veran, using Queen Ambi's influence, now pushed the town harder than ever before, to get what was now called the Black Tower complete. As the tower reached completion, Veran was able to use Ambi's body now to control time, although to a slightly lesser extent than Nayru.
A Reliquished Queen
Before Link could arrive to face Veran, Ralph came, prepared to kill his ancestor and sacrifice himself for the good of Labrynna. However, he was easily overwhelmed, just as Link arrived, possibly saving his life. After a brief fight, Veran was defeated, and Ambi was freed, immediately fleeing before the next phase.
After the lengthy battle with the rest of Veran's forms, Link, Nayru and Ralph left the Black Tower behind, only to come face-to-face with Ambi and a group of her knights. However, Ambi reveals that she had not come to fight, but to help free Link, and fight Veran.
After Link, Nayru and Ralph returned to the present, they were shocked to see a statue of Link not only near the Maku Tree, but in the middle of Lynna City as well, built by order of Queen Ambi, who had returned to being a kind queen, beloved by her people.
The Captain and the Queen
In a Linked Oracle of Seasons, the storyline brought up but never completed in Oracle of Ages of Queen Ambi's long lost lover is concluded. After clearing the Ancient Ruins, Queen Ambi will be at the Samasa Desert entrance, sent there by Nayru at the queen's request. Ambi ends up meeting up again with the Captain, and although he says he wished he could stay, Ambi interrupts him and tells him she understands why he must leave her side again: he is a seafaring man and cannot live his life on land. Before departing ways again, Ambi promises the Captain that she will always be waiting for his return.
- Queen Ambi is quite taken with Sunken City, and suggests making her palace sunken.
- Her name may be derived from the word "ambition."
- ↑ "Oh my...are you really Nayru? You seem so much...nicer, now..." — Queen Ambi (Oracle of Ages)
- ↑ "Why, Link! What brings you here? I asked Nayru to send me on an eye- opening journey to different lands and different ages! Traveling alone is difficult, but it is one of a queen's many roles. However... This Holodrum is a strange place. The seasons here are so fickle. It must surely bring hardship to the people..." — Queen Ambi (Oracle of Seasons)
- ↑ "Ambi??? Nay, 'tis I that must be dreamin'!!! I never thought we'd meet again after so long! Even now, when I think of our parting, it pains my heart. Though many years 'ave gone by since then, you are as beautiful as ever... Ambi... I would stay 'ere with you if I could, but...sniff! Oh, Ambi!" — Captain (Oracle of Ages)
- ↑ "You need not explain--I understand. You are a seafaring man and cannot live your life on land... So I shall be your port of call, waiting always for your return!" — Queen Ambi (Oracle of Seasons)
- ↑ "But isn't Sunken City so elegant? Perhaps I shall make my palace sunken, too!" — Queen Ambi (Oracle of Seasons)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||アンビ女王 (Anbi Joou)|