From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|First appearance||Ocarina of Time|
|Latest appearance||Majora's Mask|
|Counterpart(s)||An old man who lives in Hyrule Castle Town (later in Kakariko Village) in Ocarina of Time|
Professor Shikashi is a wise old man who spends his time in the Astral Observatory, looking at the stars. He has opened his observatory and the path leading to it from Clock Town to the Bombers, so that they may use it as their hideout. He always has wisdom to impart, and, having been interested in astronomy since he was a child, is a firm believer in the idea that one should develop one's interests while they're young. Professor Shikashi is also the one who informs Link about the importance of the Moon's Tear. Like so many others in Termina, Professor Shikashi also had a disruptive encounter with the Skull Kid before Link's arrival.
He resembles the old man located in Hyrule Castle Town during Young Link's time in Ocarina of Time. This old man can also be found in Kakariko Village seven years later. He talks about House of Skulltula and about the history of the Lens of Truth when Link is an adult, and talks about the Sheikah when Link is a child.
- ↑ "Are you here to do something for me? I am Shikashi, professor of astronomy!" — Professor Shikashi (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "We Bombers have a hideout that leads to the observatory outside town." — Jim (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I have been enamored with the moon since I was a child. Now, I spend my days gazing at it from here." — Professor Shikashi (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I always say that it is important to develop your interests while you are young!" — Professor Shikashi (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "That is one of the lunar rocks that has been blazing from the surface of the moon lately. They fall from what looks to be the moon's eye, so I call them Moon's Tears. They are rare stones, valued by many in town." — Professor Shikashi (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Your manners seem much better than those of your mischievous friend from the other day. Hrnf, hrnf, hrnf! That ill-mannered troublemaker from the other day said he'd break my instruments..." — Professor Shikashi (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "A long time ago... There was a man in this very village who had an eye they said could see the truth! Now usually, you have to train your mind's eye most strenuously to actually see the truth... But this fella, no, they say he had a different way of doing things... His house stood where the well is now..." — Old Man in Kakariko Village (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Have you heard the legend of the "Shadow Folk"? They are the Sheikah...the shadows of the Hylians. They say they swore allegiance to the King of Hyrule and guarded the Royal Family. But with the long peace, no one has seen a Sheikah around here for a long time." — Old Man in Market (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|