|Non-canon Appearances||Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
|Era||Era of Twilight|
|Family|| King Zora (father)|
Queen Rutela (mother)
Prince Ralis is a character in Twilight Princess.
Ralis is the prince of the Zora people, and son of Queen Rutela. He tried to travel to Hyrule Castle to plead to Princess Zelda for help when Zora's Domain froze, but he was attacked by monsters and rescued by Ilia. He became ill because he had spent too long away from water, and requires emergency transport to Kakariko Village to be treated by Renado. Soon after Link clears the Lakebed Temple, Prince Ralis will tell Link that he had seen him in a dream that his mother sent him. He is reluctant to become the King of the Zoras, but throughout the story he grows in confidence with Link's help. He is an excellent Reekfish angler, and gifts Link the Coral Earring required to catch one. Catching a Reekfish is essential to the game's progression.
After giving Link the Coral Earring, Ralis returns to Zora's Domain and rules over the Zoras. If Link visits him, he will welcome him and urge him to make himself at home. During the end credits, Ralis finds the spirit of his mother and continues to rule over the Zoras, but in a much happier state.
- During the period in the game when Link goes to Mayor Bo to ask how he bested the Gorons, if he goes into the other villagers' houses either before or after he speaks to Mayor Bo, Prince Ralis' Theme will be playing in the background. This only occurs during this segment of the game.
- The pendant around his neck resembles the Zora's Sapphire from Ocarina of Time.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Prince Lars||Prince Lars|
|German||Prinz Ralis||Prince Ralis|
|Italian||Principe Rals||Prince Rals|
- "When the dark ones descended upon our village, I sent my young one, Ralis, to Hyrule Castle to inform Princess Zelda of our fate. But...I fear danger followed him from this doomed place." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- "Bless her heart... She found this poor boy collapsed in the road, so she did all she could to save him." — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- "I've heard of a shaman in Kakariko Village, in the Eldin lands, who's tended Gorons and Zoras." — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- "You ready to roll, Link? You've got to protect these young ones on the way to Kakariko!" — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- "My mother came to me in a dream... She showed me your image. She spoke of a youth who would save our domain and steer my fate. One named Link." — Prince Ralis (Twilight Princess)
- "Link... I have so little confidence... What can I do? I could not even carry out one simple task for my mother... I am so unlike her... I doubt I am even qualified to rule... Link... What would my mother have thought of me? I still have so little confidence in myself... What can a pitiful Zora like me do? I am not sure I can be of any use at all...... ...Can I?" — Prince Ralis (Twilight Princess)
- "As I look at you, I get a sense of what my mother wanted, what I should be doing now... I will return to my village." — Prince Ralis (Twilight Princess)
- "Ah... So the beast has been showing itself because it's been catching reekfish... We didn't think that anyone besides Prince Ralis was capable of catching this type of fish!" — Zora (Twilight Princess)
- "It must be a reekfish. That is a rare specimen found only in the Zora village. It feeds on a valuable type of coral, and without that bait, even our best fishers cannot catch one. Look closely, Link... My earring is made of this coral. I would like to give it to you." — Prince Ralis (Twilight Princess)
- "I think all of us carry heavy hearts, but I will do my best to see that our village's wounds heal as quickly as possible. Come see us anytime, Link. You will always be welcome here." — Prince Ralis (Twilight Princess)