From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Title(s)||Prince of Zora's Domain|
|First appearance||Twilight Princess|
|Latest appearance||Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
|Family|| Late King Zora (father)|
Queen Rutela (mother)
Prince Ralis is a character in Twilight Princess.
Ralis is the prince of the Zora people, and son of Queen Rutela. He tried to travel to Hyrule Castle to plead Princess Zelda for help when Zora's Domain froze, but he was attacked by monsters and rescued by Ilia. He became ill because he had spent too long away from water, and requires emergency transport to Kakariko Village to be treated by Renado. He is reluctant to become the King of the Zoras, but resolves these feelings with Link's help. He is an excellent Reekfish angler, and will provide Link with the Coral Earring required to catch one in order to proceed through the Snowpeak area.
After giving Link the Coral Earring, Ralis returns to Zora's Domain and rules over the Zoras. He welcomes Link and urge him to make himself at home. During the end credits Ralis finds the spirit of his mother and supposedly continues to rule over the Zoras, but in a much happier state.
- When Link is supposed to go back to Mayor Bo and ask how he bested the Gorons, if Link goes into the other villagers' house, Prince Ralis's Theme will be playing in the background. This only occurs during this segment of the game.
- The pendant around his neck resembles the Zora's Sapphire.
- Prince Ralis shares characteristics with Prince Komali, the future leader of the Ritos from The Wind Waker, who also has to face the death of a loved one.
- There was a rumor about Prince Ralis being a female in the Japanese version, but it was unfounded. Prince Ralis is a male in all versions of the game, and is indeed only refered to as Prince Ralis in the Japanese text dump.
- Some fans believe that the King Zora referenced in Twilight Princess is said to be the same as the one in Ocarina of Time, which would make Ralis and Princess Ruto siblings, or at least half-siblings. As the quote mentioning this is attributed to an interviewer as opposed to one of the creators, this is still just speculation.
- ↑ "When the dark ones descended upon our village, I sent my young one, Ralis, to Hyrule Castle to inform Princess Zelda of our fate. But...I fear danger followed him from this doomed place." — Queen Rutela (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Bless her heart... She found this poor boy collapsed in the road, so she did all she could to save him." — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "I've heard of a shaman in Kakariko Village, in the Eldin lands, who's tended Gorons and Zoras." — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "You ready to roll, Link? You've got to protect these young ones on the way to Kakariko!" — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Link... I have so little confidence... What can I do? I could not even carry out one simple task for my mother... I am so unlike her... I doubt I am even qualified to rule... Link... What would my mother have thought of me? I still have so little confidence in myself... What can a pitiful Zora like me do? I am not sure I can be of any use at all...... ...Can I?" — Prince Ralis (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "As I look at you, I get a sense of what my mother wanted, what I should be doing now... I will return to my village." — Prince Ralis (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Ah... So the beast has been showing itself because it's been catching reekfish... We didn't think that anyone besides Prince Ralis was capable of catching this type of fish!" — Zora (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "It must be a reekfish. That is a rare specimen found only in the Zora village. It feeds on a valuable type of coral, and without that bait, even our best fishers cannot catch one. Look closely, Link... My earring is made of this coral. I would like to give it to you." — Prince Ralis (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "I think all of us carry heavy hearts, but I will do my best to see that our village's wounds heal as quickly as possible. Come see us anytime, Link. You will always be welcome here." — Prince Ralis (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ Nintendo Dream: Eiji Aonuma Interview 1: [In reference to when the events of Twilight Princess occur] "In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later." "There’s a reference to King Zora (the king of the Zora race in Ocarina of Time; his official name is Do Bon, the third), and there are some pictures of the man from the fishing pond (the owner of a fishing business near Lake Hylia in Ocarina of Time)."
|Names in Other Regions|