Poe Collector artwork from
Majora's Mask 3D
|Game(s)|| Ocarina of Time|
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Poe Collector, found only after Link has become an adult, is found in the guardhouse of the former Castle Town Market, which has now become a Ghost Shop. He sits beneath a cage containing several Poe spirits and pays Link to bring him more. If Link catches a Big Poe and sells it to him, the Poe Collector will give him 50 Rupees and 100 points. Once Link has collected a thousand points, he will receive a Bottle from him.
In Majora's Mask, the Poe Collector is first encountered at the ledge before the Ikana Canyon. Here, he refuses to allow Link to pass unless he possesses the Garo's Mask or the Gibdo Mask. He tells Link that the Garo's Mask can be found near Milk Road, in the possession of a black-hearted individual. Once Link has obtained the mask, the Poe Collector summons a tree before disappearing, which can be reached with the Hookshot.
The Poe Collector can later be found atop the hill in Ikana Canyon manning the Spirit House, where he has captured wandering spirits. Here, he offers Link to train in order to temper his skills for fighting the Skull Kid for a price of 30 Rupees. If Link plays the "Song of Healing" for him will, the Poe Collector will lower the price of his minigame to 10 Rupees. He will also note that not all spirits can be healed with the song.
After Link has obtained the Light Arrows, Link may enter the Secret Shrine, where the Poe Collector is once more found. He offers Link to rematch several enemies, such as three Dinolfos, a Wizzrobe, Wart, and the Garo Master.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Marchand d'Âmes||Merchant of Souls|
|Italian||Collezionista di Poo|
- "There's a strange old man who lives on the cliff face in Ikana Canyon. He won't let you pass until you have the Garo's Mask." (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Power), pg. 87)
- "Yee-hee-hee. What are you doing in a place like this? Ikana Hill beyond here is the place where spirits with troubles and lingering regrets wander. Even now, the spirits wander in search of one who can save them. It is unfortunate, but it is no place for one such as you... But if you must enter, then you must obtain the mask containing wandering spirits that can be found near the ranch. Without that mask, you cannot save their souls... Until then, I will not let you pass by here. Yee-hee-hee!" — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "Yee-hee-hee. That's a nice mask you're wearing. That is the mask of those who roam this world with the most lingering regrets! Use it to ask them their regrets... Perhaps you may be able to save the souls that wander beyond here... Yee-hee-hee." — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "Yee-hee-hee! Do you have your own horse? And if you are not wearing the mask containing wandering spirits which the black-hearted one near the ranch has... I will not let you pass. Yee-hee-hee!" — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "Yee-hee-hee. That's a nice mask you're wearing. That is the mask of the leader of the ninjas who once spied on the hilltop castle with the blood-stained history. With that, you may be able to call out their spirits that even now are still wandering. Perhaps you may be able to save the souls that wander beyond here... Yee-hee-hee." — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "Eee-hee-hee... Ikana Kingdom was founded on this land, stained with a history of darkness, drenched in blood... Even now it is a place where troubled, regretful spirits gather. If you are seeking the one who is stronger than you are, you may find strength here...from a group of spirits plagued by lingering regrets. If you have faith in your skills and might...then try saving these wandering spirits. Yee-hee-hee... But the earthly price you must pay is 30 Rupees!" — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "You cannot heal all souls with that song. The earthly cost to you will be 30 Rupees! I'd like to be able to take that much... But I shall take 10 Rupees..." — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "The ones in this room want to meet you again and have been waiting here for quite a while. Go see them if you feel like it..." — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "Man, I am SO bored... Things would sure be more interesting if there were more... troubles in the world... Hey, that's just between you and me, OK? Anyway, maybe we can let off some steam by breaking these jars." — Guard (Ocarina of Time)
- "Man, I am SO tired! The night watch is so boring! I wish some ghosts would come out or something...." — Guard (Ocarina of Time)
- "Because of the great Ganondorf, it is a fine time for a business like this... heh heh heh... Oh...I can only hope the world gets even worse!" — Poe Collector (Ocarina of Time)
- "Hey, I'm really interested in ghosts! Studying them is a hobby of mine, but you never know... the time might come when that kind of knowledge might be useful!" — Guard (Ocarina of Time)
- Poe Salesman.jpg, Zelda Wiki.
- "Little kids can't go on the "Heart-Pounding Gravedigging Tour" described on the sign. Since I can't do that, I'm just imitating Dampé the gravekeeper all day. But with my cute face, I'm not heart-pounding at all, am I?" — Graveyard Boy (Ocarina of Time)
- "Gyaah! It's Dampé the gravekeeper! ??? Oh, it's just a mask. I get a different kind of fright from that mask than I get from Dampé... Will you give that mask to me?" — Graveyard Boy (Ocarina of Time)
- "With this mask, I'll be just like Dampé!" — Graveyard Boy (Ocarina of Time)
- "Oh... you are quite an energetic young man." — Poe Collector (Ocarina of Time)
- "Young man, if you catch a Poe, I will pay a lot of money for it... Heh heh hee!" — Poe Collector (Ocarina of Time)
- "But with my cute face, I'm not heart-pounding at all, am I?" — Graveyard Boy (Ocarina of Time)
- "If I looked as good as you, I could run a different kind of business...heh he heh..." — Poe Collector (Ocarina of Time)
- "Don't cause trouble! I'll tell Dampé!" — Graveyard Boy (Ocarina of Time)