From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The entrance to Pinnacle Rock
|Inhabitant(s)||Seahorse, Deep Pythons|
|Item(s)||Piece of Heart, Zora Eggs|
|Related place(s)||Great Bay Coast|
Beyond the signs, Pinnacle Rock houses the lair of the Deep Pythons, which consists of a deep hole in the sea filled with predators, all of them serpents. There are eight Deep Pythons, or sea snakes, within, and three of them have the Zora Eggs that Mikau had been frantically searching for. Two of the serpents have chests containing 20 Rupees, one with a lost Seahorse, and the two remaining have nothing.
The easiest way for Link to get through the murky waters of Pinnacle Rock is by using the help of the friendly seahorse located inside the Fisherman's Hut. Once Link has given the Fisherman a pictograph of a Gerudo Pirate, he receives the seahorse in a bottle. The aquatic being wishes to go to Pinnacle Rock, so after it is dropped near the entrance, the seahorse guides Link to the inner part of the serpent-infested sea. There, he explains to the young hero that his friend has been trapped by a sea snake, and asks Link for his help. While Link makes his way to the bottom of Pinnacle Rock trying to find the three Zora Eggs, it is recommended that he defeats each of the Deep Pythons he encounters along the way, for the only way to save the seahorse is to defeat each of the serpents within. The two seahorses will reward Link with a Piece of Heart once they are reunited.
However, it is possible to get through Pinnacle Rock without the seahorse's assistance. The way to do so is:
- Stop at the first sign, go to the second one on the right, go one forward, head to the left until another sign comes into sight, one up, one right and then into the lair.
Getting out this same way is quite difficult. It is far easier for Link to simply swim out a random way and magically wind up back at the entrance to Pinnacle Rock.
- In Animal Crossing, when Gulliver is talking about his past journeys, he mentions the Deep Pythons, for he says: "Or when I fought the sea snakes at Pinnacle Rock! Wait a minute... That wasn't me!"
A view of Pinnacle Rock from the Marine Research Laboratory
- ↑ "Here in the depths of Pinnacle Rock live many dangerous sea snakes..." — Seahorse (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Help me... Please, take me back to the waters near Pinnacle Rock..." — Seahorse (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Please follow me closely without making any missteps." — Seahorse (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "My friend is trapped here. Link, can you please find a way to rid the area of all the sea snakes and help my friend?" — Seahorse (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Thank you, Link. This is a symbol of my deepest gratitude." — Seahorse (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||トンガリ岩 (Tongari Iwa)||Pinnacle Rock|
|Spanish||Roca Pináculo||Pinnacle Rock|
|French||Puits de Pierre||Stone Shaft|