From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Owl statue from Link's Awakening
|Game(s)||Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Twilight Princess|
|Use(s)||Reveal secrets, solve puzzles|
|Comparable Item(s)||Telepathy Tile, Gossip Stone, Bird Statue|
Owl Statues are mysterious statues scattered over the lands of Koholint Island, Termina, Holodrum, and Labrynna. Link can use the secrets given by these statues to help him along his journey. In Majora's Mask, there is implied to be a connection between the Owl Statues and Kaepora Gaebora, while it is implied in Twilight Princess that the Oocca built them.
Link's AwakeningLink's Awakening, Owl statues are scattered across Koholint Island, and they tell Link mysterious information that may be helpful, or may be completely useless, similar to Gossip Stones.
In Link's Awakening DX, Owl Statues are located inside every dungeon. If Link finds the owl's beak and find an owl statue, it will give hints to help the young hero solve puzzles pertaining to the dungeon. They replace Stone Slabs and Fragments, which served the same function in the original version.
In Majora's Mask, Owl Statues are made in the likeness of Kaepora Gaebora, who resides in Termina. After learning the "Song of Soaring" in the Southern Swamp, Link can warp to any of these as long as he has activated them with by striking the statues with a sword (the primary swords and Great Fairy's Sword all work). By warping to these statues, the user can avoid repeating tasks after restarting time, and travel between areas significantly faster.
They are found in the following locations:
- South Clock Town
- Milk Road
- Southern Swamp
- Mountain Village
- Great Bay Coast
- Zora Cape
- Ikana Canyon
- Stone Tower
In addition to being a warp point, it is also the only place in the game where one could save their game for further play without having to first play the "Song of Time."
After Ilia's memory is restored in Twilight Princess, Shad, who is studying an owl statue in Renado's Basement, will see the Ancient Sky Book that Link received from Impaz. He will read what he can (due to the fact that some Sky Characters are missing), and restore power to the Dominion Rod. Link must then travel to the following locations to locate the Sky Characters, which are underneath Owl Statues around Hyrule. The locations are:
- Faron Province; behind the rock near Coro's house.
- Kakariko Gorge; just before the bridge is a small ledge with an alcove where this statue is
- Bridge of Eldin; Look for the Owl Statue on the parapet opposite the Bulblin Archer
- Lanayru Province: Eastern Hyrule Field; Activate the statue, climb on it, and then claim the Character
- Great Bridge of Hylia; Activate the statue, lower it off its ledge, use the Clawshot on the vines above, then drop onto the statue, and claim another Character.
- Gerudo Desert (south); There is a collection of blocks, and the Statue sits on one. Use the Dominion Rod to pull the statue to the ground, maneuver it between the block it was sitting on and a block that you can access.
In addition to these, there are five more Owl Statues to be found. One is in the basement near Shad, but lacks a hole to react to the Dominion Rod with. The other two are located in the secret cemetery part of Hyrule Castle's gardens. They don't hide Sky Characters, but allow Link access to a key to open the treasure room with. The final pair are found in the first part of the Temple of Time; one blocks the path to a Heart Piece, while the other hides a Poe.
- In Twilight Princess, the Statues can be moved to certain points so that certain chests can be accessed. Two of these chests contain a Piece of Heart, one contains a key and the rest hold Orange Rupees.
- ↑ "Hoo-Hoot! We meet again, fairy child! Have my stone statues been of help?" — Kaepora Gaebora (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "There are many similar statues around Hyrule, but this one seems to be different. Here, look at the belly... There's something written there, you see? This, too, was in my father's notes... It is called Sky Writing, I believe." — Shad (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Do not forget to give me Mystery Seeds" — Owl Statue (Oracle of Seasons)