From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|You may not think I look like much, but I can be quite helpful!|
|— Ooccoo (Twilight Princess)|
|First appearance||Twilight Princess|
|Latest appearance||Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
|Family||Ooccoo Jr. (son)|
Ooccoo is a character in Twilight Princess.
A member of the Oocca tribe, Ooccoo is trying to find her way back to her home when Link discovers her stuck in a pot in the Forest Temple. With the help of her son, Ooccoo Jr., Link can use her to warp out of the dungeon, and return later to the room that he warped from. This is a very useful feature, as it enables players to save their progress within a dungeon rather than having to start again from the beginning. However, if Link re-enters the dungeon from the front door, Ooccoo will meet him at the entrance and rejoin him from there. When Link exits a dungeon before its boss is destroyed without using Ooccoo, she is replaced in Link's inventory with Ooccoo's Note. The note says "Ooccoo has things to do, so she will remain here. If you return let's get together!"
The Dominion Rod
Ooccoo is found in every dungeon up until the Palace of Twilight because she is looking for a magical item called the Dominion Rod, a piece of technology invented by her people. This rod has the power to help Ooccoo get back to her beloved home, the City in the Sky. While looking for the rod, Ooccoo manages to get herself stuck in a pot and Link must rescue her. It is not until Ooccoo journeys to the Temple of Time that she finds the Dominion Rod. Link, however, does all the work for Ooccoo. By using the Dominion Rod, Link finds the broken Sky Cannon, which Fyer fixes for 300 rupees. Just before Link uses the cannon to reach the City in the Sky, Ooccoo jumps into the cannon and, along with Link, is launched to the heavens. However, Ooccoo's happiness is short lived. She and Link soon find out that the Oocca are are being terrorized by a giant dragon named Argorok. Ooccoo decides to help Link save the City in the Sky.
After Argorok is beaten, Ooccoo is found in the shop in the City in the Sky.
- 00CC00 is actually the hexadecimal code for the color green (shown HERE). There is a rumor that it is the same green as Link's tunic in The Legend of Zelda. However, 00CC00 is a darker shade of green than the actual code used, which is ADF915.
- However, the 00CC00 shade of green was used for the background texture used in the first screen of the game.
- Ooccoo is one of the few characters in the Zelda series that doubles as an item. The others sharing this characteristic are Marin from Link's Awakening, Bow-wow also from Link's Awakening, and the Deku Princess from Majora's Mask.
- When Link first "finds" Ooccoo, he raises an eyebrow at his new, odd comrade. This is one of the few instances in Twilight Princess where Link's face while holding a newly-obtained item is different than normal.
- ↑ "You see, I'm, erm... I'm an adventurer too. I'm looking for something..." — Ooccoo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Ooh! Did you want to leave? I can warp you right out!" — Ooccoo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Let me introduce you! This is Ooccoo Jr.! Anytime you want to warp back to this spot from outside, ask him." — Ooccoo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "If you want to meet me at the entrance rather than warping here, just go there and I'll meet you!" — Ooccoo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "We can't return home until we find that thing. Oh, gracious no!" — Ooccoo (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "The ancient technology of our people sleeps in this place. We've searched all over...and now we're so close, I can SMELL it! Once we find that thing, we can go home at last! Oh, gracious, yes!" — Ooccoo (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||おばちゃん (Obachan)||Kind Older Woman|