From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Artwork of an Old Woman from The Legend of Zelda
|Game(s)||The Legend of Zelda|
|Non-canon Appearances||The Shadow Prince|
|Family|| Daughter (Old Woman from Mido)|
Child (Old Woman from Darunia)
Old Woman is a title given to several characters in The Legend of Zelda series.
The Legend of Zelda
In The Legend of Zelda, the Old Woman near the waterfall of the Death Mountain area simply states "Pay me and I'll talk". Only by giving her the most Rupees requested will she offer useful information. Otherwise, Link loses Rupees to hear: "That's not enough to talk" or "Boy you're rich." Moreover, by paying her enough money in the section near the Lost Woods, she will reveal to Link the directions he must take in order to get through the woods and onto the Graveyard.
Link can receive a Letter from the Old Man in a northeast cave of Hyrule. When Link shows the Letter to the Old Woman, the various other Old Women around the overworld will sell him Life Potions and 2nd Potions.
The Adventure of Link
Two Old Women, one in Harbor Town of Mido, who claims to need Water of Life for her sick daughter, and one in Mountain Town of Darunia, who has a Kidnapped Child, allow Link to meet the Wise Men teaching spells in their house if the young hero helps them. An Old Woman in the Hidden Town of Kasuto invites Link inside her house to claim the fourth and last Magic Container if he has already three out of the four containers.
Other Famous Old Women
- Impa – in The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, and Skyward Sword.
- Sahasrahla's Wife - in A Link to the Past.
- Syrup – in A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages and Seasons, and The Minish Cap.
- Granny – in Ocarina of Time.
- Twinrova – in Majora's Mask.
- Dottie, and Breve – in The Minish Cap.
- Tree Witch – in The Crystal Trap
- ↑ "I CAN GIVE YOU MAGIC. COME BACK ANYTIME." — Old Woman (The Adventure of Link)
- ↑ "STOP AND REST HERE." — Old Woman (The Adventure of Link)
- ↑ "He is in a busy town square! People bustle by without looking at him. Then a hunched old woman waddles toward him. A draped shawl hides her face. 'Might you be Link?' she rasps." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth), pg. 57)
- ↑ "She looks up. Link has never seen a face so wrinkled. But her eyes are clear as glass." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth), pg. 57)
- ↑ "'You're an observant youngster!' she says. 'I'm going to give you some advice, clever lad.' She points to a gnarled tree in the middle of the square. 'See that apple tree? If you can get to it, its fruit will make your eyes as clear as mine.'" (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth), pg. 57, 58)
- ↑ "As Link is reaching for his own snack, he sees something shining in a forked branch. 'Hmmm...' He reaches up and uplls down a small mirror with a thin wooden frame. Link grins. 'So that's what the old lady meant about clear eyes,' he says." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth), pg. 43)
|Names in Other Regions|