- For the town in The Adventure of Link, see Nabooru Town.
Nabooru is a Gerudo introduced in Ocarina of Time. She is the second-in-command of the Gerudo, Ganondorf being her only superior. She has a second-in-command herself who is without name. Nabooru is highly respected by the other Gerudo, who are unaware of her rebellion against Ganondorf. During the events of Ocarina of Time, she becomes the new Sage of Spirit and aids Link in his battle against Ganon.
Appearances and Biography
Ocarina of Time
Link meets Nabooru in the Spirit Temple as a child, having used a Warp song learned in the future to reach the Desert Colossus. At that time, Nabooru is already in opposition to Ganondorf's behavior. She intends to infiltrate Ganon's followers' headquarters there, but is unable to without the Silver Gauntlets, which are out of reach beyond a very small opening. She asks Link to get the gauntlets for her, promising to "do something great" for him in return. He succeeded in obtaining them but was not able to give them to Nabooru. Once Link acquires the Silver Gauntlets, Koume and Kotake discover and capture Nabooru.
When Link returns to the temple as an adult, Nabooru has been brainwashed. While brainwashed, Nabooru has been used to lead activities contrary to the values she previously held. During this intervening period Nabooru is apparently rumored to brainwash people herself.
Toward the end of the Spirit Temple, Link confronts Twinrova, apparently fussing over a strange Iron Knuckle. They command it to attack him and vanish. Upon its defeat, the Iron Knuckle's armor falls off to reveal Nabooru and the spell is lifted. Twinrova reappear and capture her a second time before retreating to the boss room ahead. Link's victory over Twinrova both frees Nabooru and causes her to awaken as the Sage of Spirit, giving Link the Spirit Medallion.
When Link defeats Ganon, Nabooru and the other Sages join their powers to seal away Ganon. During the ending, she can be seen overlooking a celebrating Hyrule on Death Mountain with the other Sages.
Nabooru's stained glass
The Wind Waker
While Nabooru does not appear in The Wind Waker, one of the stained glass windows in Hyrule Castle's basement depicts her.
Ocarina of Time Manga
Nabooru's role in the Ocarina of Time manga is slightly different to in the game. She is under the influence of Koume and Kotake, but not transformed into an Iron Knuckle. She is sent to spy on Sheik which results in her combating Link. Link frees her from the influence which allows her to help release the other Gerudo. She also gives Link the Mirror Shield, which she claims she stole a while back.
- Chronologically, Nabooru inspired a town in The Adventure of Link to be named after her (although technically, it was the town that inspired her name).
- In Phantom Hourglass, Linebeck's possession and transformation into a Phantom-like knight by Bellum can be compared to Nabooru's brainwashing as an Iron Knuckle by the Twinrova sisters.
- Ocarina of Time contains unused text from Nabooru, wherein she remarks that Link is an enemy of Ganondorf and must die.
Nabooru breaking the spirit barrier
Ruto and Nabooru during the ending scene of Ocarina of Time
Nabooru within the Chamber of the Sages
Nabooru, Link, and Navi within the Chamber of the Sages
Nabooru in Ocarina of Time 3D
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "The leader of the gang of thieves is Nabooru. She is experimenting in brainwashing many people at the ruins in the desert." — Carpenter (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "I was brainwashed by those old witches and used by Ganondorf to do his evil will... But isn't it funny? That a person like me could turn out to be the Sage of Spirit! And now, I'm going to fight them as one of the six Sages! Heh heh... I'm going to pay them back for what they did to me!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "They say that the thief named Nabooru, who haunts this area, is a Gerudo." — Gossip Stone (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "The exalted Nabooru, our leader, put me in charge of this fortress. Nabooru is the second-in-command to the great Ganondorf, King of the Gerudo Thieves." — Nabooru's Second-in-command (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "She's just a little girl, but she commands a lot of respect among the Gerudo, Kotake..." — Koume (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Nabooru of the Gerudo. I'm a lone wolf thief. But don't get me wrong! Though we're both thieves, I'm completely different from Ganondorf. With his followers, he stole from women and children, and he even killed people! A kid like you may not know this, but the Gerudo race consists only of women. Only one man is born every hundred years... Even though our laws say that lone male Gerudo must become King of the Gerudo, I'll never bow to such an evil man!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "I want to ask you a favor... Will you go through this tiny hole and get a treasure that's inside? The treasure is the Silver Gauntlets. If you equip them, you can easily push and pull very heavy things! No, no, no, kid! Don't even think about taking this treasure for yourself! The Silver Gauntlets won't fit a little kid like you if you try to equip them! I want you to be a good boy and give them to me! Ganondorf and his minions are using the Spirit Temple as a hideout. Only the Silver Gauntlets will allow me to sneak deep into the temple. Once there, I'm going to steal all the treasure inside and mess up their plans! How about it? Will you do it?" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "If you can successfully get the Silver Gauntlets... I'll do something great for you!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "You found the Silver Gauntlets! If you wore them, you would feel power in your arms, the power to lift big things with (A)! But, these gauntlets won't fit a kid... Plus, you promised to give them to Nabooru. You should keep your word..." — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Yeearggh! Let me go!! You, you fiends! Ganondorf's minions! Link! Get out of here! Now! These witches! They're using black magic on me!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 "Then we should brainwash her again! Hee hee hee!" — Koume (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "When Nabooru was a lone wolf thief, she never stole from the weak, but... Now, Nabooru's gang of thieves stands for cruelty and brutality. She claims to be a chivalrous robber, but...no way!" — Carpenter (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Iron Knuckle - Something's strange... This is not an ordinary enemy!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Well, well... Looks like she's back to normal... Koume..." — Kotake (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Maybe we should make her work for the great Ganondorf for a little while longer! Ho ho ho!" — Kotake (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Kid... No... Link, the Hero of Time! Instead of keeping the promise I made back then, I give you this Medallion! Take it!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "You received the Spirit Medallion!! Nabooru awakens as a Sage and adds her power to yours!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Great Ganondorf's...Enemy...Must die..." — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
| Names in Other Regions
||Sage of Spirit, Nabooru
|| 魂の賢者、ナボール (Tamashī no Kenja, Nabōru)
|| Sage of Spirit, Nabooru
|| Nabooru, Sabia del espíritu (OoT3D)
|| Sage de l'Esprit, Nabooru
|| Sage of Spirit, Nabooru
|| Nabooru, Sage de l'esprit (OoT3D)
|| Nabooru, Sage of Spirit
||Weise der Geister, Naboru
|| Sage of Spirits, Naboru
|| Saggio dello Spirito, Naburu