From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Title(s)||Leader of the Carpenters|
|First appearance||Ocarina of Time|
|Latest appearance||The Minish Cap|
|Family|| Ocarina of Time:|
Cucco Lady (daughter)
Young Punk Guy (son)
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, during Link's childhood, the Carpenters' Boss (unnamed) and his carpenters are working on building up Kakariko Village on the orders of Impa, who hopes the village will someday be a "true city". The Boss's daughter is the Cucco Lady, and he also has a son, a defeatist outcast. The carpenters' leader is ashamed of his son for "sitting around all day," but the son returns the compliment by calling his father "disgusting". The carpenter's leader may also be either the son or husband of Granny, who owns one of the potion shops.
Seven years later, the Boss and his carpenters have set up a tent in Gerudo Valley in order to restore the bridge that the Gerudo thieves have destroyed to ward off intruders. However, the carpenters' leader is the only one remaining, as his employees have all abandoned him to join the Gerudo thieves. The female bandits reject the lazy carpenters, instead holding them prisoner in separate cells throughout their fortress. Link frees them all, and after a scolding from their leader, the carpenters rebuild the bridge in Gerudo Valley.
In Majora's Mask, Mutoh is the head of the Clock Town Carnival Committee of in charge of constructing the fireworks-viewing tower for the Carnival of Time. During the first days, Mutoh is in the mayor's office, arguing with Captain Viscen about whether or not to flee the town in the wake of the impending Moon. Link can use the Couple's Mask obtained from Anju and Kafei to stop the argument.
Most of the time, Mutoh maintains watch over the building of the tower, while the other carpenters are working on supplies and construction. At night of the final day, he stands at the foot of the completed tower (the other carpenters have abandoned him and the town) yelling at the moon, "If you're gonna fall, then what's stoppin' ya, you monster?!"
He indicates that he has some sons who have already fled the town. He also wonders about the location of his wife (whether she has fled or gone missing is undetermined) and dislikes Kafei for going missing and compares him to his sons.
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Ages, during the prelude to the Skull Dungeon, the head carpenter explains to Link that his workers haven't shown up to help build the bridge to Symmetry Village and asks him to find them for him.
The Minish Cap
Mutoh and his carpenters are the same as ever, but by fusing certain Kinstone pieces, they will construct various buildings all over Hyrule Town. Before being found in Hyrule Town, Mutoh, Doyle, and Mack served to block off areas in the Eastern Hills.
|The Carpenters (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
||These carpenters may be rough around the edges, but they do good work. They may seem tough, but they're in touch with their feminine side.|
- The name of the head carpenter, Mutoh, is shared by the king of the ancient Cobble kingdom, King Mutoh, in Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "I am the boss of the carpenters that Impa hired to improve this village and make it into a true city!" — Carpenters' Boss (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ The Cucco Lady refers to Grog as her brother, making Mutoh her father.
- ↑ "Even my own son doesn't have a job, and he just wanders around all day! They're all worthless, I tell you!!" — Carpenters' Boss (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "People are disgusting. My own father and mother are disgusting. You must be disgusting, too!" — Grog (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Hey, that saw! It's mine! But... I thought I left that saw with my old lady... Oh well..." — Carpenters' Boss (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Those Gerudo thieves...they broke the bridge. I want to fix it, but all of my workers are gone!" — Carpenters' Boss (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "They said working as carpenters isn't cool, and they went to the Gerudo's Fortress to become thieves..." — Carpenters' Boss (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Hey, I heard you saved my men. When they returned, we built this bridge. Look at this! Isn't it a fine bridge? They may be wimpy carpenters, but once they all got together, they got the job done." — Carpenters' Boss (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "If you're gonna fall, then what's stoppin' ya, you monster?! Cowards! All of you! Not a one of you stayed! My apprentice will be disgusted with all of you! Hmph! I'll have a fine carnival without you... If you're gonna fall, then fall already!" — Mutoh (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 "!!! The mayor's son? No good runnin' off before the ceremony! ...I wish I could get mad, but my own sons ran off in a hurry before the carnival... What a shame! I could cry!" — Mutoh (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I wonder...Did my wife flee?" — Mutoh (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||大工の親方, ムトー||Boss of the Carpenters, Mutoh|
|Spanish||Capataza de los carpinteros|
|French||Chef des ouvriers|
|German||Chef der Zimmerleute, Mutoh||Boss of the Carpenters, Mutoh|