From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Inside the Mountain Smithy
|Item(s)|| Razor Sword|
|Related place(s)||Mountain Village|
Mountain Smithy is a location in Majora's Mask. Situated in Mountain Village, the smithy is run by Zubora and Gabora, the local blacksmiths. Here, they charge a fee of 100 Rupees to upgrade and sharpen swords.
When Link first visits the Smithy, Zubora and Gabora are not able to do any forging due to the hearth being frozen over, which is caused by the abnormal winter that has overcome Snowhead. When Link defeats Goht inside the Snowhead Temple, spring returns to the area, unfreezing the hearth and allowing Zubora and Gabora to start working again. Alternatively, the hearth can also be melted by shooting a Fire Arrow at it or by pouring some Hot Spring Water.
With the hearth working again, Link can upgrade the Kokiri Sword to the Razor Sword by paying the fee of 100 Rupees; however, since the process takes a whole day, Link will have to leave his sword with the pair until then. Once Link receives the Razor Sword, he can bring a bottle of Gold Dust to have the sword upgraded for free to its maximum capability: the Gilded Sword. The process of upgrading the Kokiri Sword to the Gilded Sword has to be done in the same three-day cycle since playing the Song of Time will cause the Razor Sword to go back to the Kokiri Sword; moreover, it has to be started on the First Day since Zubora and Gabora do not take any orders on the Final Day.
- ↑ "Mountain Smithy ahead. We sharpen any sword. We work hard so your sword works hard for you!" — Sign (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "All right...To reforge your sword, it will cost you 100 Rupees. It'll be ready at sunrise. You'll have to let us hold onto your sword until then. Keep in mind that after you use your reforged sword 100 times, it will lose its edge and it'll be back to its original sharpness... So, would you like your sword reforged for 100 Rupees?" — Zubora (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Unfortunately, we're not doing any business right now. It's because of this abnormal cold snap we've been having. See? Our hearth has been frozen over!" — Zubora (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Oh! You've done me a great favor! Now, then... This hearth can finally go to work for me! Heh-heh-heh-heh... Thanks." — Zubora (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Why, if it isn't gold dust! And it's even top quality!!! Why, even if I use it to reforge your sword, there'll still be some left... All right! Just for you, I'll do this for free. But don't tell anyone!" — Zubora (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Sorry...It would take until tomorrow morning to sharpen your sword, and we're not taking any more orders today. ...Why, you ask? Because tomorrow is the town's carnival, and you can't work during the carnival, can you?" — Zubora (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||山のカジ屋 (Yama no Kajiya)|
|Spanish||Herrería de la Montaña|
|French||Forgeron de la Montagne|