|Game(s)|| Oracle of Seasons|
Oracle of Ages
|Era||Era of Light and Dark|
Moosh is a flying, blue bear and one of three animal companions that Link can find in Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons (the other two being Ricky and Dimitri). Unlike Ricky and Dimitri, Moosh is capable of hovering in the air to get past long strings of holes. Moosh can attack by using the Ground Pound. Moosh also warns Link that water is his weakness, and that he can not go into deep water. He will even leave Link's side at one point in the game when Link arrives at the Sunken City Gate. Link can use Moosh's Flute to call him, though this will not work everywhere.
Depending on which animal Link befriends, the landscape of certain areas in Holodrum and Labrynna will change. If Link had Moosh join them, some areas within these regions will resemble a wasteland-like area filled with many pits that Moosh can fly over.
Oracle of Seasons
In Oracle of Seasons, Link will eventually have to venture into Spool Swamp for the next Essence of Nature after completing the Snake's Remains dungeon. During this time, Link can find and acquire a Strange Flute. One of the Strange Flutes will be for sale in the Horon Village Shop for 150 Rupees after Link completes the second dungeon, Snake's Remains, yet only before Link helps Ricky the kangaroo. While heading into Spool Swamp, Link will encounter one of the potential animal helpers, Ricky. Blaino, who lives nearby, had taken away Ricky's boxing gloves, and the game requires that Link goes to Blaino, fight him in a boxing round for a total of 10 Rupees, and defeat him to win back the gloves. When the gloves are returned, Ricky will offer to help Link by transporting him to Spool Swamp.
If Link buys the Strange Flute from the Horon Village Shop, he will eventually encounter Moosh being attacked by some enemies. After defeating the enemies several times, Moosh will thank the Link and join him, turning the Strange Flute into Moosh's Flute.
Eventually, whether Link has Moosh's Flute or not, Moosh is later encountered on Mt. Cucco, where he has found a bunch of Spring Bananas growing on a tree on a ledge, but is unable to reach them. When Link acquires the bananas and feeds Moosh, Moosh will then help Link obtain the Dragon Key, required for the Dancing Dragon Dungeon.
Oracle of Ages
In Oracle of Ages, Moosh would first make his appearance when Link is supposed to find and obtain the Zora's Flippers and Cheval Rope. Link will find Moosh near Yoll Graveyard's entrance and exit being attacked by monsters. Once the enemies have been defeated, Moosh will thank Link and offer to help him by flying him to Cheval's tombstone, where Link obtains the Flippers and Cheval Rope inside Cheval's Tomb.
When Link tries to later venture into Symmetry City, he will encounter the Faeries from Fairie's Woods, who ask Link to help an animal who got lost in their woods. The animal will either be Moosh, Ricky or Dimitri depending on certain requirements. Moosh would be one of the animals lost if Link doesn't have any of the other Strange Flutes prior to the beginning of this event. If Moosh is found, he will decide to join Link and will give Link his flute.
In the Manga
- Dismounting from Moosh will make Link reappear wherever he dismounted should he fall into a hole, instead of where he entered the screen.
- A winged bear that is similar to Moosh appears in Link's Awakening, in the Animal Village.
- Even if Link has Moosh's Flute, he will not be able to call Moosh when he finds Moosh on Mt. Cuccoo until he has obtained the Spring Banana.
- "I'll give you a ride anywhere. But water is my weakness. The shallow stuff is one thing, but I can't take deep water, so be careful." — Moosh (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Oh! Water, water everywhere! I must leave such a frightful place! Until next time..." — Moosh (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Your flute's song fell flat." — N/A (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Bwee! He ate it! Get him!" — Moblin (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Before we forget, we want our revenge! Get ready-- both of you!" — Moblin (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Thank you for helping me out. Tell me your name. Link... Umm! I remembered it! I can help you if you like. If I hear your Strange Flute, I'll come find you." — Moosh (Oracle of Seasons)
|Names in Other Regions|