The Milk Bar in Majora's Mask 3D
|Game(s)|| Majora's Mask|
A Link Between Worlds
|Inhabitant(s)|| Majora's Mask:|
A Link Between Worlds:
Milk Bar Owner
|Item(s)|| Majora's Mask:|
Troupe Leader's Mask
|Related place(s)|| East Clock Town (MM)|
Mercay Island (PH)
Kakariko Village/Thieves' Town (ALBW)
In Majora's Mask, the Milk Bar is referred to both as the Milk Bar and as Latte. The Bar, which is located in East Clock Town, is run by Mr. Barten, and is open from 10 PM to dawn. The Bar has a reputation for being a great live venue, so the Zora band, The Indigo-Go's, had planned to do their Carnival of Time performance on the Milk Bar stage. However it was cancelled when Lulu, the band's singer, lost her voice.
Latte is a members-only establishment, and as such, it will refuse entry and service to anyone during opening hours who does not have Proof of Membership, in the form of Romani's Mask. There are two drinks offered at the Milk Bar: regular Milk, which costs 20 Rupees, and the special vintage Milk Chateau Romani, at a price of 200 Rupees per serving. Link cannot order anything unless he is wearing Romani's Mask when speaking to the bartender.
Link can find Madame Aroma drinking here from 6:00 PM on the Night of the Final Day, and if Link received the Special Delivery to Mama during the Reuniting Kafei and Anju sidequest, he can give it to her to receive a Bottle full of Chateau Romani. In Majora's Mask 3D, Link is unable to enter unless he has Romani's Mask, preventing the young hero from delivering the letter until he has assisted Cremia in delivering Milk.
During the ending credits, the members of the Gorman Troupe and The Indigo-Go's can be seen performing at the Milk Bar as part of the performances for the Carnival of Time.
- Ballad of the Wind Fish
By speaking to The Indigo-Go's manager, Toto, near the stage, Link can participate in a sound check for the band The Indigo-Go's. Link will be required to play the "Ballad of the Wind Fish", by donning each Transformation Mask and playing their specific part in the song as orchestrated by the manager. Link will not only complete his Bomber's Notebook entry for Toto, but will also receive the Troupe Leader's Mask from Gorman, who happens to be listening in on the performance.
- Main article: Mercay Tavern
A Link Between Worlds
In A Link Between Worlds, a Milk Bar is situated in both Kakariko Village and Thieves' Town. These bars are near-identical to each other, and even their owners are counterparts to each other. The Milk Bar Owner from Hyrule sells Milk for 20 Rupees a Bottle, and later for 10 Rupees as a special deal, for saving his regular customer, Bouldering Guy, with a bottle of Premium Milk. A duo of musicians, comprising of a Bard and the Flute Boy, will play a song for 10 Rupees. The songs they will play are selected at random each time, and are guitar and flute remixes of notable songs from the Zelda series.
The list of songs that the Bard and Flute Boy play are as follows:
- Main Theme of The Legend of Zelda series
- Great Fairy Fountain theme
- Zelda's Lullaby
- Kakariko Village theme
- Treasure Chest opening fanfare
- Yuga's Hyrule Castle battle theme
- First part of Yuga's Lorule Castle battle theme
- Ballad of the Goddess (Only in Hero Mode)
- Thieves' Hideout theme
- Hyrule Castle theme
- Lorule Castle theme
- Death Mountain theme
- Lorule Overworld theme
- Hilda's theme
- Ravio's theme
- The bar seems to have come about from the joke of Hylian Milk being alcoholic.
- Hanging on the walls of the Milk Bar in A Link Between Worlds are pictures of a Goddess's Harp, Makar's Violin, and an Ancient Robot with a bird.
- Very rarely, in A Link Between Worlds the musical duo will play a "botched" version of the Death Mountain theme, where the flute starts screeching madly halfway through.
The songs from A Link Between Worlds
- "Romani's Mask Wear it with [C] to show you're a member of the Milk Bar, Latte." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Mr. Barten was happy to get his first delivery in quite a while!" — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- "Latte / The Members-Only Milk Bar / Open from 10 p.m." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "We were scheduled to do a show, but it got canceled. This place has a reputation for being a great live venue, so it's a shame." — Toto (Majora's Mask)
- "This bar is for members only. Those without proof of membership will be refused entry." — Mr. Barten (Majora's Mask)
- "Patron Guidelines for the Milk Bar, Latte: We offer our customers limited- run milk. Thus, we are a members- only establishment. Those who do not have proof of membership will be refused service." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Our most popular, of course, is Chateau Romani. It's a vintage milk. It comes from Romani Ranch, and the current price is 200 Rupees!" — Mr. Barten (Majora's Mask)
- "Sir...It's the rules. Please wear your Romani's Mask inside the bar." — Mr. Barten (Majora's Mask)
- "This!!! It's from Kafei! Correct? Correct? Wonderful! You really are an expert! Yes, yes, I'm sorry. My thanks. Yes, yes, it is your job, after all. I'm sorry. At this point in time, I can give you only something like this. Actually I wanted to give this to you sooner... Really!" — Madame Aroma (M)
- "I'd like to do a sound check, though. I just want to see what it would have been like... Hey, you! Could you help me with a performance?" — Toto (Majora's Mask)
- "I'm sorry I booed you... Please, take my mask." — Gorman (Majora's Mask)
- "The captain usually drops anchor at the milk bar, but I haven't seen him in days. Perhaps the bar owner knows where Linebeck has vanished to." — N/A (Phantom Hourglass)
- "I just want to drink a little bit of milk in peace! Why can't everyone just leave me alone and scram?!" — Milk Bar Owner (A Link Between Worlds)
- "I came to drink!" — Gorman (Majora's Mask) "Drinking" is a word commonly denoting the consumption of an alcoholic beverage.